Jupiter Academy Photo #2 - Jupiter Academy is now offering a gifted enrichment program for students who have been identified as gifted in grades K through 8. The learning is project based encompassing many themes throughout the year. This is an exciting program with many off campus field trips. Students in the gifted enrichment program have access to all the technology available at Jupiter Academy, some of which include Panaboards, iPads, PCs, Classroom Performance Systems, and microscopes. Using this technology provides our students with multisensory and hands-on learning that fully engages learning. Our new Panaboards provide the ability to collaborate when solving math problems and to use Google Earth to tour the Taj Mahal. Students may also view multimedia lessons, as well as produce presentations using audio and video. In addition, students have the opportunity to participate in virtual field trips. One possible virtual field trip would be to the Modern Museum of Art in New York City to see the ‘Art Project’ where art from museums all over the world can be viewed in virtual reality. Guest speakers, as well as, live podcasts take place in the gifted classroom. When learning about mythology, students were able to participate in a live podcast with Rick Riordan, author of the ‘Percy Jackson and the Olympians series’. The projects are designed to be both challenging and exhilarating. An example for study is “How do we tell stories?” With this study, students ‘travel’ around the world reading stories from diverse cultures. They learn various techniques of storytelling i.e. story boards, shadow puppets, and dance. Students compare and contrast how stories are told today. Field trips will be to various live theater performances throughout the year. In addition, a professional story teller will perform for the students with additional time given for our gifted students to have dialog with the professional.
- The mission of Jupiter Academy is to combine a modern education with the best of traditional values, coupled with innovative programs, thus encouraging our students to become respectful, responsible, and successful young people.
- Jupiter Academy seeks to accomplish its mission through an academically challenging student-centered program.
- We strive to provide the opportunity for faculty, staff, family, and community to work together to develop a sense of pride, spirit, and ownership in our school.
- We encourage participation, enthusiasm, and motivation as essential tools in the learning process.
- Jupiter Academy students develop an awareness and respect among people, thus inspiring them to become successful and responsible citizens.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||many|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||46:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call school for tuition rates (561-747-1003)|
- Educational Approach: Jupiter Academy has been an integral part of the Jupiter community for 25 years. Jupiter Academy is a pre-kindergarten through eighth grade prep school, where strong moral values combined with traditional and creative academic instruction form the foundation for excellence in education. Meaningful relationships among administration, parents, teachers, and students, allow students to achieve high academic standards. Innovative teaching methods come together with traditional approaches, ensuring each student's success. The Academy has small classes that allow personal attention and personalized instruction for every student. Jupiter Academy encourages enthusiasm, ambition, and motivation while creating an environment of mutual respect. Our environment promotes critical thinking, cooperative learning, and team work to help all students experience success while reaching their greatest potential. Community Focus: Jupiter Academy encourages families to work in partnership with the school as advocates for academic achievement. Jupiter Academy creates an environment where students have the opportunity to acquire academic skills and habits that nourish lifelong learning, good citizenship, and personal fulfillment. Values: Jupiter Academy is a school where civility and respect are the norm. We provide opportunities for students to work together in service for the school and the community. In developing leadership, Jupiter Academy fosters the development of strong moral character, encourages loyalty to our school, community, and nation, and teaches the importance of helping one another through community service. Jupiter Academy is a shared enterprise among the students, the faculty, and the community. Outcomes and Goals: Jupiter Academy promotes awareness and sensitivity to the unique learning styles of our student body. This enables each student to achieve academic, social, and personal success through a community of educators that encourages and supports quality education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jupiter Grades: NS-12 | 323 students
926 Maplewood Drive
Jupiter, FL 33458
(561)745-1995 1 NS-12
- Archer Grades: PK-8 | 101 students
12425 SW 154th St
Archer, FL 32618
(352)495-2728 231.8 PK-8
- Callahan Grades: PK-12 | 40 students
1933 West State Road 200
Callahan, FL 32011
(904)225-5265 271.8 PK-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.