- It is the mission of Faith Academy to offer quality Christian education in a safe, clean and orderly environment.
- Faith Academy seeks to enroll average ability students from primarily middle class socio-economic level.
- We believe that children have a right to a sound, Christian education.
- Faith Academy provides a learning center for students with special learning handicaps, as well as honors classes for gifted learners.
- Faith Academy endeavors to provide for our students` spiritual, artistic, athletic, social and personal needs through our daily school program and extracurricular activities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Alabama Association of Independent Schools (AAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||mild learning differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011|
|Total Students||2975 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||90 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,332|
|Tuition Notes||K3 – K5 $3,936 Grades 1-6 $4,056 Grades 7-12 $4,332|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingArchery, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
BETA, NHS, SGA, Spanish Honor Society
- The vision for Faith Academy was born in early 1967 at a men`s prayer meeting one Saturday night in the sanctuary of Lott Road Baptist Church in Eight Mile, Alabama. The burning desire on the hearts of these dedicated men was to provide a quality Christian education for children and young people. They were determined to provide a place for Bible study, prayer, worship and a quality educational program. However, this dream was not realized until 1969. It was then that Lott Road Christian Grade School was begun in a single, two-story building located behind Lott Road Baptist Church. The school had 170 students in grades one through six and eight teachers.The administration and leadership soon realized that building and maintaining a Christian school that would assure parents of a quality education within a Christian environment would require a walk of FAITH. Therefore, it was decided in school year 1971-1972 to change the name of Lott Road Christian School to Faith Academy. Today, by faith, the name stands.Faith Academy grew rapidly. By school year 1972-1973 enrollment increased to 547 students in grades one through twelve. In this same year seventeen students graduated. It was not until the school year 1975-1976 that kindergarten was added.Faith remained at the Lott Road site for nineteen years. The school moved to the present site on Tanner Williams Road in Mobile, Alabama, in the summer of 1988. The enrollment remained at approximately 500 students in grades kindergarten through twelve.During the 1990-1991 school year, the school was accredited by the Alabama Independent School Association. By this time the enrollment had grown to 570 students.Today, the school is accredited by the Alabama Independent School Association and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Faith Academy`s current enrollment has reached over `1700` students. Children from three years old to seniors are taught daily.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fort Pierce Grades: K-12 | 34 students
3015 Oleander Blvd
Fort Pierce, FL 34982
(772)467-1016 675.9 K-12
- Brandon Grades: PK-K | 109 students
205 Mary Ann Dr
Brandon, MS 39042
(601)824-0281 8.7 PK-K
- Pearl Grades: PK-12 | 700 students
201 Park Place Drive
Pearl, MS 39208
(601)939-6229 5.6 PK-12
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.