- The Ketchum-Grande Memorial School, the on-campus school of The Charlton School, is approved by the New York State Education Department to provide special education to classified students placed in residence by their counties or by the Committees on Special Education of their school districts.
- The educational program at includes a day program option, for some students, as they transition home from residential placement.
- Students, from grades eight to eleven attend small classes and instruction is individualized with intensive academic and counseling support to help each student achieve school success.
- The school follows State recommended curriculums and prepares students to meet graduation requirements, including passing Regents examinations.
- The curriculum also includes areas such as family and consumer science subjects, fine arts, music and video technology combined with a practicum, Health and allied subjects, computer instruction, physical education and an across the curriculum emphasis on writing.
- Students reaching certain levels of academic and social attainment may attend classes at the Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake High School with which the Ketchum-Grande program has a close working relationship.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GansevoortGrades: PK-12 | 28 students
755 Route 9
Gansevoort, NY 12831
AlbanyGrades: PK-12 | 110 students
160 N Main Ave
Albany, NY 12206
AlbanyGrades: PK-12 | 335 students
135-140 Academy Road
Albany, NY 12208
Saratoga SpringsGrades: 6-12 | 248 students
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
SprakersGrades: KG-12 | 35 students
106 Crosby Rd
Sprakers, NY 12166
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.