- The Ketchum-Grande Memorial School, the on-campus school of The Charlton School, is approved by the New York State Education Department to provide special education to classified students placed in residence by their counties or by the Committees on Special Education of their school districts.
- The educational program at includes a day program option, for some students, as they transition home from residential placement.
- Students, from grades eight to eleven attend small classes and instruction is individualized with intensive academic and counseling support to help each student achieve school success.
- The school follows State recommended curriculums and prepares students to meet graduation requirements, including passing Regents examinations.
- The curriculum also includes areas such as family and consumer science subjects, fine arts, music and video technology combined with a practicum, Health and allied subjects, computer instruction, physical education and an across the curriculum emphasis on writing.
- Students reaching certain levels of academic and social attainment may attend classes at the Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake High School with which the Ketchum-Grande program has a close working relationship.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AlbanyGrades: K-12 | 155 students
314 So Manning Blvd
Albany, NY 12208
7 South Main Street
Mechanicville, NY 12118
SchenectadyGrades: K-8 | 24 students
39 Charlton Rd
Schenectady, NY 12302
Saratoga SpringsGrades: PK-12 | 242 students
122 Regent St
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
AmsterdamGrades: PK-12 | 26 students
1863 County Highway 107
Amsterdam, NY 12010
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?