La Scuola D Italia Guglielmo Marconi
- La Scuola is an English/Italian bilingual school, offering an international education to a diverse student body.
- The academically rigorous curriculum provides a strong foundation in liberal arts, mathematics and science; total immersion in foreign languages from the outset; in-depth study and appreciation of American, European and Italian civilizations and cultures.
- The bilingual curriculum is open to English speaking students, as the languages of learning are both Italian and English.
- English students not yet familiar with Italian receive special support in this subject.
- Full immersion and the interaction with children of different nationalities facilitate their learning of a foreign language.
- Our diplomas are honored both in the United States and in the European Union, and students can transfer from and to other schools in both countries.
- We are proud to offer an encouraging and stimulating environment, new spacious facilities at Middle School level, and to avail ourselves of skillful and competent teachers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||250 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Snowboarding, Soccer, VolleyballSnowboarding, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Choir, Creative Writing, Drama, Drawing and Painting, Instrumental Music Lessons, Music Theory, Photography, Poetry, Video Production
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New YorkGrades: PK-8 | 370 students
12 E 89th Street
New York, NY 10128
- New YorkGrades: NS-12 | 781 students
291 Central Park West
New York, NY 10024
- New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
- New YorkGrades: 6-12 | 200 students
132 W 60th St
New York, NY 10023
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 587 students
210 E 77th Street
New York, NY 10075
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.