Lafayette School & Treatment Center
- Lafayette School & Treatment Center was established in August 1999 in Charlottesville, Virginia to serve children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral problems in a therapeutic day school environment.
- The school was founded on the principle that many youth with emotional and behavioral problems can be effectively treated and maintained in their home community in an intensive program that combines special education and therapeutic intervention.
- Lafayette School & Treatment Center serves children and adolescents with emotional disturbance, behavioral disturbance, and/or mental illness in a structured special education and treatment program.
- Our philosophy is that all students have the capacity for learning and growth, regardless of their disability.
- The goal of the program is to provide students with the skills necessary to return to a less restrictive school environment.
- This includes having healthy relationships with adults and peers and functioning effectively in school and society.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Total Students||13 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017