Tel: (978) 236-3000
- Landmark is a coeducational boarding and day school for students with a language-based learning disabilities such as dyslexia, SLD in reading, or a disorder of written expression.
- With a college preparatory high school, a middle school, and an elementary school, Landmark is one of the most comprehensive schools serving students with language-based learning disabilities in the United States.
- Landmark accepts students in grades 2-12, who are curious, intelligent, motivated to learn, but need remedial help with reading, writing, spelling, listening, speaking as well as mathematics.
- With a 1:3 teacher-student ratio, the key to Landmark's successful model is the daily one-to-one tutorial.
- Landmark also offers a Summer Program, which combines intensive, academic skill development with recreational activities.
- A customized program, including a daily one-to-one tutorial, is designed for each student to improve reading, writing, spelling, and study skills.
- The Summer Program accepts students in grades 1-12, who possess average to superior intelligence, a healthy social and emotional well being, and have been diagnosed with a language-based learning disability.
- Situated on two beautiful campuses just 25 miles north of Boston, students take advantage of its North Shore location and its many cultural opportunities.
Upcoming Events and News
- Virtual Event - Thu., October 22, 2020 8:30am (EDT) - get more information!
- Virtual Event - Thu., November 12, 2020 8:30am (EDT) - get more information!
- Making an Impact Through Athletics - 08/27/2020 - Meet two of Landmark High School's recent graduates and find out how they put their stamp on the school and their high school experience through their passion for athletics and ...moretheir natural abilities to lead. hide
- A Sense of Adventure - 08/27/2020 - Read about a recent Landmark School graduate who took a chance on a study abroad program in Norway for her junior year of high school which turned out to be ...morea transformational experience. hide
- Finding My Voice - 08/27/2020 - Read a very personal story from one of our recent graduates about how her Landmark experience made a successful high school career and going to college possible.
Landmark School places among the top 20% of private schools in Massachusetts for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
Other special emphasis association(s)
State or regional independent school association
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$6,900|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||$9,150 including boarding|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||280 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||280 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(collared shirt and khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$62,500|
|Tuition Notes||Residential Tuition: 82,100.00|
|Admissions Director||Elizabeth Parker|
|Admissions Associate||Melody O'Neil|
|Endowment Size||$15 million|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Lacrosse, Mountain Biking,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Dance, Fine Arts, Music Instruction, Performing Arts, Technical Theater, Woodworking
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Auto Mechanics, MakerSpace-STEAMworks, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Yoga
- Founded in 1971, Landmark School is recognized as a leader in the field of language-based learning disabilities.
- Individualized instruction and remediation, daily 1:1 tutorials, teacher/student ratio of 1:3.
- Emphasizing language & learning skills.
- The Residential Life Program offers a structured, supportive living & learning environment.
- Recreation, competitive athletics, performing arts, visual & practical arts, technology, clubs, community service, and extracurricular activities.
- Summer Programs for students grades 8-12 combine academic skill development with hands-on, outdoor activities.
- Landmark School's mission is to enable and empower people with language-based learning disabilities to realize their educational and social potential through an exemplary school program complemented by outreach, training, and research.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Braintree Grades: 6-12 | 688 students
745 Washington Street
Braintree, MA 02184
(781) 843-3580 26.1 6-12
- Cambridge Grades: 8-12 | 29 students
71 Pearl St
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 492-4922 19.7 8-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.