- Landmark is a coeducational boarding and day school offering a full range of customized programs for students with language-based learning disabilities such as dyslexia.
- With a college preparatory high school, a middle school, and an elementary school, Landmark is one of the most comprehensive schools serving students with language-based learning disabilities in the United States.
- Landmark accepts bright students who are emotionally healthy, motivated to learn, but need remedial help with reading, writing, spelling, listening, speaking as well as mathematics.
- With a 1:3 teacher-student ratio, the key to Landmark's successful model is the daily one-to-one tutorial.
- A customized tutorial curriculum is designed to remediate specific language needs, which may encompass decoding, fluency, phonological awareness, written composition, and organizational skills.
- In addition, Landmark offers a Summer Program which combines intensive, academic skill development with recreational activities.
- A customized program including a daily one-to-one tutorial is designed for each student to improve reading, writing, spelling and study skills.
- The Summer Program accepts students in grades 1-12, who possess average to superior intelligence, a history of healthy emotional development, and have been diagnosed with a language-based learning disability.
- Situated on two beautiful campuses just 25 miles north of Boston, students take advantage of its North Shore location and its many cultural opportunities.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||310 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||155 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(collared shirt and khaki pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$55,900|
|Tuition Notes||Residential Tuition: 73,400.00|
|Admissions Director||Elizabeth Parker|
|Admissions Associate||Melody O'Neil|
|Endowment Size||$10 million|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
- Founded in 1971, Landmark School is recognized as a leader in the field of language-based learning disabilities.
- Individualized instruction and remediation, daily 1:1 tutorials, teacher/student ratio of 1:3.
- Emphasizing language & learning skills.
- The Residential Life Program offers a structured, supportive living & learning environment.
- Recreation, competitive athletics, performing arts, visual & practical arts, technology, clubs, community service and extracurricular activities.
- Summer Programs for students grades 1-12 combine academic skill development with hands-on, outdoor activities.
- Landmark is located on two campuses along Boston's beautiful North Shore.
- Landmark School's mission is to enable and empower people with language-based learning disabilities to realize their educational and social potential through an exemplary school program complemented by outreach, training, and research.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chestnut Hill Grades: 6-12 | 470 students
791 Hammond St
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
(617)738-2700 23.8 6-12
- Braintree Grades: 6-12 | 676 students
745 Washington Street
Braintree, MA 02184
(781)664-2221 26.1 6-12
- Charlestown Grades: 9-12 | 27 students
197 8th St
Charlestown, MA 02129
(617)241-3871 17.3 9-12
- Wellesley Grades: 5-12 | 484 students
45 Dana Road
Wellesley, MA 02482
(781)235-3010 30 5-12
- North Chelmsford Grades: 2-12 | 200 students
25 Wellman Ave
North Chelmsford, MA 01863
(978)251-4050 28.9 2-12