- Lawrence Academy offers students a unique learning community – one committed to providing an outstanding learning environment and shaping a bright future for every student.
- Students are challenged in an academic atmosphere that stimulates their creativity and capabilities.
- We are a school where teachers respect and value student ideas, welcome the challenge of a difficult question, and incorporate both traditional and innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
- Lawrence Academy is a place where children smile and laugh.
- It is a family place where brothers, sisters, and friends ride the bus together and greet each other in the halls during the school day.
- Parents are active on campus and play an integral part in supporting the school’s mission.
- We value each student’s individuality at Lawrence Academy and invest in his or her academic and social development.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||267 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP American Government, AP Language, AP Literature|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Treasa White|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Golf, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club (Grades 6-12), FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) (Grades 6-12), Honor Council (Grades 9-12), Junior Beta Club (Grades 6-9), Math Counts (Grades 6-8), Monogram Club (Grades 9-12), MS Book Club (Grades 6-8), Newspaper (Grades 9-12), Odyssey of the Mind (Grades 3-12), SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) (Grades 6-12), Senior Beta Club (Grades 10-12), SGA (Student Government Association) (Grades 6-12), Spanish Club (Gradess 6-12), Spirit Club (Grades 6-12), TATU (Teenagers Against Tobacco Use) (Grades 6-12)|
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
May 10, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
April 19, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.