- Lawrence Academy offers students a unique learning community – one committed to providing an outstanding learning environment and shaping a bright future for every student.
- Students are challenged in an academic atmosphere that stimulates their creativity and capabilities.
- We are a school where teachers respect and value student ideas, welcome the challenge of a difficult question, and incorporate both traditional and innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
- Lawrence Academy is a place where children smile and laugh.
- It is a family place where brothers, sisters, and friends ride the bus together and greet each other in the halls during the school day.
- Parents are active on campus and play an integral part in supporting the school’s mission.
- We value each student’s individuality at Lawrence Academy and invest in his or her academic and social development.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||267 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP American Government, AP Language, AP Literature|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Treasa White|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Football, Golf, Riflery, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club (Grades 6-12), FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) (Grades 6-12), Honor Council (Grades 9-12), Junior Beta Club (Grades 6-9), Math Counts (Grades 6-8), Monogram Club (Grades 9-12), MS Book Club (Grades 6-8), Newspaper (Grades 9-12), Odyssey of the Mind (Grades 3-12), SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions) (Grades 6-12), Senior Beta Club (Grades 10-12), SGA (Student Government Association) (Grades 6-12), Spanish Club (Gradess 6-12), Spirit Club (Grades 6-12), TATU (Teenagers Against Tobacco Use) (Grades 6-12)|
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.
February 07, 2018
After conducting a survey of the educational backgrounds of current U.S. senators we were able to draw some interesting conclusions. Keep reading to learn more.