League For The Handicapped Center
- Educational, therapeutic, and family support services offered to children ages 0-8 with all types of developmental disabilities.
- Services are offered in center-based clasrooms as well as in community sites and homes.
- A toddler class is available for children 18-36 mo. old. A specialized program for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder utilizes an ABA approach based on the principles of Verbal Behavior Training.
- Integrated programming is offered onsite in collaboration with Head Start.
- A large outdoor area offers an unique fully accessible playground and children's garden, bike/trike path, wooded trails and large open sunny and shaded spaces for outdoor play.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-2|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||124 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SpringvilleGrades: K-9 | 106 students
186 Franklin St
Springville, NY 14141
- CollinsGrades: 3-12 | 9 students
13961 Sisson Hwy
Collins, NY 14034
- YorkshireGrades: KG-12 | 111 students
Po Box 599
Yorkshire, NY 14173
- West FallsGrades: PK-8 | 238 students
525 West Falls Road
West Falls, NY 14170
- South WalesGrades: 6-12 | 143 students
2491 Emery Road
South Wales, NY 14139
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.