Leport Montessouri (Closed 2022)
At The Boyd School, we embrace a Montessori philosophy of education and create a warm, welcoming and secure place for children to challenge themselves and excel.
In this environment, children develop their intellectual, social and physical abilities and talents to their fullest.
We welcome family involvement, helping parents better understand the learning style and temperament of their child-and work together to maximize childrens strengths.
Our programs serve children from infancy through middle school age, and cater to a wide variety of families' schedules.
The Boyd School is fully accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.
The Boyd School is recognized by the Virginia Council for Private Education.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 30%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Monthly tuition ranges from $817 - $1,855 depending on the program enrolled
- The Boyd School Westfields Campus has been a part of the Chantilly community since 1998. After several years of operating in Centreville, the custom-designed Westfields location opened in 2004.
- With programs for children 18 months through middle school, the Westfields Campus has the largest student population but maintains the familiarity of the small, intimate school. The cozy and inviting library complete with fireplace provides students with a rich experience for storytime and special presentations. The abundance of natural light in each classroom along with carefully prepared learning environments encourages learning.
- The large, secure outdoor environment features multiple, age appropriate playgrounds in addition to a track, soccer field, and basketball courts. An engaging wooden train encourages creative play and multiple garden plots welcome nature education.
- Toddler (18 months - 3 years)
- Early Childhood (3 - 6 years)
- The Early Childhood program at the Westfields Campus of The Boyd School offers children a unique opportunity to learn and grow. The accredited Montessori program guided by credentialed teachers promotes academic discipline through an individualized curriculum. We embrace our diverse student population and encourage parents to share their heritage.
- Children work with specifically designed materials to develop skills and are guided at their own individual pace. The class size at the Westfields campus is well below the FairfaxCounty average allowing for additional individual attention.
- The Early Childhood program is enriched with an arts program as well as additional instruction in foreign language, physical education, and music. The expansive outdoor education center lends itself to learning about our natural world and how to be good stewards of our planet.
- Kindergarten (5 years prior to Dec. 31)
- The accredited Kindergarten program at Westfields provides children with a full academic school day (8:30a - 3:00p). Students work in the mixed-aged Montessori classroom in the morning and are guided towards educational outcomes. The individualized curriculum allows for children to advance at their own pace while developing a strong sense of independent learning techniques.
- Because the children are in a mixed-aged environment in the morning, Kindergarten students develop a sense of added pride from beinging the oldest children in their classroom and often take on a roll of mentor to younger children.
- The afternoon of the Kindergarten program consists of the children working in a small group setting (typically less than 8 children). This environment provides our Kindergarten students the unique opportunity to explore more in-depth concepts and develop small group skills. The expansive outdoor environment provides children with a unique opportunity to not only read and learn about their environment and nature but to experience the world beyond their classroom first hand.
- Kindergarten students at the Westfields campus take numerous field trips to take advantage of the rich opportunities of the DC Metropolitan area. Each year the Kindergarten students attend a number of age appropriate musical performances by the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center and guided tours at the National Gallery of Art. The school maintains a strong relationship with Ellanor C. Lawerence Park and children Kindergarten and older take several walking field trips to the park and learn from the naturalists on staff.
- Elementary (6 - 12 years)
- The Elementary program, in keeping with Montessori educational philosophy is divided into two levels: Lower Elementary (6 - 9 years or traditional grades 1-3) and Upper Elementary (9 - 12 years or traditional grades 4- 6).
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Leport Montessouri?
The application deadline for Leport Montessouri is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Elements of a Successful YouTube Channel
Running a small to medium sized private school? Can't afford marketing staff and expensive marketing programs? Read on.
How To Find The School You Want
Finding the right school for your child is a major project. However, if you tackle it methodically, you will get good results. Here's a roadmap to finding the school you want.
Private School Supplies
Your child will need lots of supplies when she goes off to private school. These lists will help get you organized.