Little Flower Educational Child Care
- Little Flower Educational Child Care's mission captures the heart of the dynamic, professional, and loving service of the Carmelite Sisters and staff of Little Flower.
- Learning at Little Flower signifies a child-centered, professional, and loving environment, conducive to the achievement of each child's potential in a non-threatening, exciting, stable environment imbued with high moral values.
- Little Flower accepts children from 6-week old infants through kindergarten, with the option of extended daycare available to those who desire it.
- Programs are available for infants, toddlers, potty training, pre-school, pre-kindergarten, and kindergarten.
- Little Flower's goal is to join with each child's family in providing the building blocks for a productive and God-centered life.
- Supporting family life is central to the mission of Little Flower.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||95 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$560|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on the level-grade of the child/infant and how long the child stays at the center.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Cathy Catano|
|Admissions Associate||Sr. Mary|
- Little Flower Educational Child Care provides an appropriate developmental program that meets children's needs and is the first and primary step in helping them develop security, confidence and self-control. Developing a plan for each child within this responsive environment is an ongoing process as children improve their social skills. Young children progress developmentally in all areas of growth including the area of self-discipline and moral character. Very young children have limited ability to consider the abstract needs of other people, so discipline techniques must focus on concrete experiences and explanations for limits on behavior. Learning limits on behavior is akin to learning in all other areas in an important way: it requires many trials before success can be expected.
- Using much patience and encouragement, the teacher will utilize the St.John Bosco Method of Positive Reinforcement. In this method, consistency is vital, for children will become familiar with what is expected of them in regards to rules, schedules, etc. They will begin to take responsibility for their behavior when they learn about consequences, good or bad. This method will always maintain the respect for the integrity of the child, for they will know that they are loved in spite of their unacceptable behavior and that they are recognized for good behavior. Corporal punishment is prohibited.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Los Angeles Grades: 9-12 | 258 students
2111 Griffin Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90031
(323)225-2209 0.5 9-12
- Los Angeles Grades: PK-K | 29 students
1401 N Mission Rd
Los Angeles, CA 90033
(323)221-8791 0.7 PK-K
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 180 students
4522 Browne Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90032
(323)221-8187 1.3 K-8
- Los Angeles Grades: K-8 | 230 students
2646 Zonal Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90033
(323)221-1129 1.3 K-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.