Long Cane Academy
- Long Cane Academy offer a well rounded education for all students while holding high expectations for student learning.
- We set high academic standards for the academy and challenge our students to do their very best.
- We aspire to impart Christian family values and patriotism. Our goal is to build leadership traits among all students, aim for excellence in the educational program and athletics.
- We also have a commitment to emphasize the importance in a student's life of a wholesome school life within a safe environment.
- Long Cane Academy enjoys a proud tradition among parents, alumni, and community supporters.
- The established purpose for Long Cane remains viable for the present and future.
- We promote quality education while maintaining an environment agreeable to the learning process.
- The Academy's mission, adopted by the LCA Board of Directors in 1996, is to prepare students for success in the 21st century marketplace and for responsibilities of American citizenship.
- Long Cane Academy admits students of any race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin. Academically challenged students are also accepted, depending upon need.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||State or regional independent school association|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-11|
|Total Students||28 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Augusta Grades: PK-12 | 652 students
313 Baston Road
Augusta, GA 30907
(706)863-2905 30.2 PK-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.