- Long Island Lutheran Day School at St Paul's offers an outstanding early childhood and elementary program that combines challenging academics with a caring and nurturing faith-based environment.
- Classroom technology enhances and encourages innovative teaching that keeps students actively engaged in hands-on learning.
- Our caring and dedicated faulty and staff work to preserve a warm, family atmosphere.
- Faculty and staff alike share a deep commitment to the growth and success of each student.
- We are proud to foster children in a Christ-centered environment, helping them to become confident lifelong learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Evangelical Lutheran Education Association (ELEA)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (formerly AELC, ALC, or LCA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(K-5, Lands End School Uniform. Khaki bottoms, Logo imprinted polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,990|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact admissions for specific tuitions for grade levels.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lorraine Rocco|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Sports Program, Application of Art, Book Club, Chess Club, Food Club, Happy Feet Program for Preschool, Tennis Book Club, Chess Club, Food Club, Tennis, After School Sports Program,
Application of Art,
Happy Feet Program for Preschool,
- Full and half-day programs for 2, 3, and 4 Year Olds
- Specialized Kindersteps Progam for late birthdays or the student not quite ready for Kindergarten
- Full-day Kindergarten Program
- STEAM Lab (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Mathematics).
- Spanish, Art, Music, Physcial Education , Library, and Instrumental Lessons
- Ipads for every student in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade
- Smartboard Technology
- Nurse on Staff
- Before and After Care available Monday through Friday (6:30 a.m.-6 p.m.)
- Certified Teachers, all CPR/AED certified
Discover, Create, Become at LUDridayAY! Call for your personalized tour today.
Profile last updated: 12/07/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CommackGrades: PK-8 | 354 students
2 Indian Head Rd
Commack, NY 11725
East NorthportGrades: K-8 | 463 students
1025 5th Ave
East Northport, NY 11731
My son attended the Kindersteps program at this school. It was exactly what he needed to get him better prepared for Kindergarten and to give him that gift of another year. The staff was loving, kind and always helpful. They fostered a true sense of community and kindness among the children. Would definitely recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - cditu
Nearby Homes for Sale
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.