Luther Memorial School
- Founded in 1856, Luther Memorial School is the oldest parochial school in the Richmond region.
- For almost a century and a half, a dedicated faculty has cultivated the scholastic, spiritual and social development of each student.
- Luther Memoral School provides a strong development and academic foundation for children in preschool through eight grade.
- We foster academic excellence and Christian Faith and values in a safe, loving, grace-centered family atmosphere.
- Luther's spiritual underpinning provides a secure place for young children to go forth from home for the first time, for elementary students to explore and learn with guidance, and for middle school students to begin their adolescence.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants, polo shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,600|
|Admissions Director||Melinda Boisseau|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, SoccerBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Extended Care and /or After-School Classes Offered|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RichmondGrades: K-5 | 96 students
227 S Cherry Street
Richmond, VA 23220
- RichmondGrades: K-8 | 97 students
4207 Forest Hill Ave
Richmond, VA 23225
- HenricoGrades: PK-12
11600 Gayton Rd
Henrico, VA 23238
- HenricoGrades: K-8 | 291 students
499 N Parham Rd
Henrico, VA 23229
- RichmondGrades: K-8 | 460 students
6011 York Rd
Richmond, VA 23226
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.