Lycée Français de San Francisco
- Lycee Francais de San Francisco (LFSF) is the only complete immersion French school in the Bay Area, preparing students from many different nationalities and backgrounds to succeed in both the French and the Amercian school system and enter competitive universities in North America, Europe and around the world.
- LFSF welcomes children from age 2 through 5th grade in its beautiful Sausalito campus, then from 6th through 12th grade in the San Francisco location.
- The curriculum follows the rigorous and broad French curriculum and is completed by a strong English program that allows students to get their High School diploma at the end of 11th grade.
- Non French-speakers can join the school between the ages of 2 and 5 (Preschool and Kindergarten).
- We are a truly multicultural environment, with students from many different nationalities coming together to engage in a proven college preparatory curriculum.
- LFSF is ideal for engaged, active learners who are not afraid of academic challenge.
- We have three campuses, two in San Francisco and one in Marin.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
National Independent Private Schools Association
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||203 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,560|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Lucie Duffort|
|Admissions Associate||Alain Lecloux|
- Lycee Francais de San Francisco offers a unique opportunity for young children to learn and grow in a truly international environment. LFSF operates on three campuses: primary and secondary schools in San Francisco, and a new, fully renovated primary school campus in Sausalito. From a very young age, our students learn to express themselves as curious and motivated learners, exchanging cultural and linguistic perspectives within a rich and diverse student body representing 65 nationalities and 35 languages overall.
- LFSF teaches children about the world by immersing its students in language and culture from day one. We accept students based on the calendar year, so Preschool can begin as early as 2 years for September through December birthdays. Non-francophones are able to integrate Preschool, PreK and Kindergarten classrooms, and are prepared to begin 1st grade in full immersion. Our young learners flourish in a program that fosters self-awareness and develops respect for others. Lyce Franais de San Francisco strives to promote initiative, autonomy, cooperation and individual responsibility, all the while preparing its littlest students for the structure of elementary school through art, pre-reading, writing, math and science activities, developmentally appropriate physical challenges, routine, focused tasks, and social learning. Whether they continue through Kindergarten, fifth grade or twelfth, our students find themselves uniquely ready for tomorrow`s world.
- The benefit of France`s renowned centralized curriculum is that all students are prepared for college success through an established curriculum that sets high expectations and teaches students to think logically and clearly. The uniform curriculum and teaching methods of the French system allow children to transfer easily from one French school to another as their families move from San Francisco to Hong Kong, London, Moscow or Paris. For families who stay in the Bay Area, LFSF is a single solution to students` education, preparing the youngest to grow as open and curious learners from Preschool up through receipt of their US High School Diploma, Baccalaureate, or even OIB.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San FranciscoGrades: PK-8 | 122 students
180 Fair Oaks Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
- Mill ValleyGrades: PK-8 | 305 students
305 Montford Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941
- Corte MaderaGrades: PK-9 | 276 students
5200 Paradise Drive
Corte Madera, CA 94925
January 17, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.