Lycee Francais de Chicago (The French International School)
5.00 (1 review)
Lycee Francais de Chicago (The French International School) Photo #2 - Big windows for a bright, inviting building
Lycee Francais de Chicago (The French International School) Photo #3 - We learn more than French and English! Starting in grade 4, students learn German, Mandarin, Spanish and Latin too
Lycee Francais de Chicago (The French International School) Photo #4 - Small class sizes means students often collaborate and receive individual attention
Lycee Francais de Chicago (The French International School) Photo #5 - Our multi-lingual, multi-cultural faculty provide education excellence
Lycee Francais de Chicago (The French International School) Photo #6 - One of our core values: the joy of learning!
- The Lycee Francais de Chicago provides its students with a rigorous bilingual education in a dynamic and welcoming multicultural community.
- The Lycee draws on the best of the French, American and international educational systems preparing students to thrive at top universities throughout the world.
- French at its core, the Lycee`s education transforms students into global ambassadors, inspiring them to lead lives of purpose, responsibility and respect.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||805 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||120 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,590|
|Tuition Notes||Base Tuition Rate – $20,590 High School Tuition Freeze Rate: Students will receive a tuition freeze for their remaining years at the LFC once they have been with the school for more than seven years and have reached the high school level. Native French Speakers Rate – grades Pre-K to 8 only (discount equals to 10% tuition included) – $18,530 Third Child Tuition (discount equals to 10% tuition included) – $18,530. This discount applies to the third youngest and every subsequent child.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lara Raynaud|
|Admissions Associate||Laurine Planche|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Climbing, Cross Country, Dance, Golf, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Martial Arts, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer,
Martial Arts, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||36 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Adventures in Space, Automotive Mechatronics, Chess Wizards, Circus Arts, College Preparatory Courses (SAT, ACT, Higher Scientific Education Preparation,...), Computer Building, Crafty Little Hands, Engineering using LEGO ®, Fun Robotics, Homework Help & Group Projects, Kids Can Cook, Mad Science, Mandarin Chinese, Mandarin for Munchkins, Meet the Board, Personalized Homework Help, Product Design with 3D Printing, Tech Crew, Tiny Tinkerers, Web Design, Young Knitter
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Fashion Illustration & Costume Design, Introduction to Graphic Design, Music Ensembles, Musical Theatre, Podcasting, Private Music Lessons (piano, violin, guitar, cello, ...), Scenic Art & Design, Young Potter
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Ballet, Breakdance, French Soccer Academy, Girl Power Yoga, Girls on the Run, Latin Dance
- First founded in 1995 by a small group of French and American families, the Lycee began as an international school of fewer than 150 students. Twenty years later, our community has grown dramatically, attracting families from around the world who share the value of an academically challenging and culturally diverse education. Families find a second home at the Lycee because of our commitment to a world-class education and fluency in respect, responsibility, and the joy of learning. Today, the Lycee is Chicago`s premier international education community, consisting of nearly 500 families and more than 750 students. Our program is based on the French National Curriculum combined with key American building blocks. It offers students the best of both worlds. From the extensive French curriculum - taught in French - students become highly proficient critical thinkers by acquiring the rigorous writing skills and broad academic knowledge necessary for the French Baccalaureate. From our strong American program - taught in English - students receive the academic preparation that is sought by American colleges and universities. From multicultural exposure, students gain valuable social and communication skills, and become exceptionally open-minded. Taking into account the richness, diversity, and challenges of this dual-language system, students educated at the Lycee are well-prepared to meet - and often exceed - the demands of the best universities in France, Europe, and North America.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oak Park Grades: 9-12 | 1184 students
505 Washington Blvd
Oak Park, IL 60302
(708)386-0127 8.1 9-12
- Chicago Grades: PK-12 | 907 students
330 W Webster Ave
Chicago, IL 60614
(773)797-5501 3.5 PK-12
- Chicago Grades: K-12 | 82 students
615 W Kemper Pl
Chicago, IL 60614
(773)534-5720 3.3 K-12
We've been incredibly impressed by the warmth of teachers, the outstanding facilities, the deeply engaged parent community, and the diversity of the international student body.
- Posted by Parent - LPG
Nearby Homes for Sale
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.