Maharishi School Of Enlightenment
- Maharishi School, Fairfield, Iowa, is a school like no other.
- The School offers a rigorous college preparatory curriculum accompanied by an innovative and progressive technology called “Consciousness- Based education," which aims to develop the student’s full inner potential by dissolving stress and optimizing brain functioning.
- This is the basis for the ability to learn and grow as a fulfilled and well-balanced individual.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||205 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 11%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See school website for tuition information: http://www.maharishischooliowa.org/admissions/tuition-information/|
|Admissions Director||Noelle Boucherle and Springli Johnson|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boy Scouts, Destination ImagiNation, Environmental Club, Girl Scouts, Improv Comedy Club, Interact Club (Rotary International), International Club, Speech Club, Student Council Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Speech Club, Destination ImagiNation,
Improv Comedy Club,
Interact Club (Rotary International),
- Maharishi School provides Consciousness-Based Education for preschool through 12th grade. Consciousness-Based Education adds two new components that are missing in modern education: The Transcendental Meditation program, which develops the students’ full mental potential, and the Science of Creative Intelligence.
- The Transcendental Meditation program is a simple, natural, effortless technique practiced worldwide by people of all religions and cultures. It provides a deep level of rest while the mind remains alert, and the brain becomes more orderly and coherent. The benefits for students include reduction of stress and anxiety, increased intelligence, and enhanced creativity.
- The Science of Creative Intelligence is a supplementary course designed to make all fields of knowledge meaningful. It reveals the universal principles at the basis of each field of study. Whether the student is studying art, math, biology, or sustainable living, the Science of Creative Intelligence develops higher order thinking skills, because they learn to see deeper principles in all of their subjects.
- 95% of graduates are admitted to respected colleges and universities, including Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Johns Hopkins.
- Accredited by Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS). The Iowa Department of Education has accredited grades K-6 and has awarded grades 7-12 college preparatory status in recognition of the high percentage of graduates accepted at four-year colleges and universities.
- Classes consistently score in the top percentile on national standardized tests.
- National Merit Scholars: Out of 690 Maharishi School graduates, 33 students achieved Commended Scholar status, 44 students achieved National Merit Semifinalist status, 43 achieved Finalist status, and 19 achieved Scholar status.
- Nature Explore Classroom (playground) for preschool through 2nd grade certified by the Arbor Day Foundation provides hands-on nature experience
- Sustainable living component with on-site greenhouse and special seed-to-table kitchen. Only organic food is served in the dining hall, complete with a salad bar.
- Day program for preschool through 12th grade.
- Boarding School: 9th through 12th grade.
People that viewed Maharishi School Of Enlightenment also viewed these schools: Ottumwa Christian School.
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?