Maharishi School Of Enlightenment
- Maharishi School, Fairfield, Iowa, is a school like no other.
- The School offers a rigorous college preparatory curriculum accompanied by an innovative and progressive technology called “Consciousness- Based education," which aims to develop the student’s full inner potential by dissolving stress and optimizing brain functioning.
- This is the basis for the ability to learn and grow as a fulfilled and well-balanced individual.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||205 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 11%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||See school website for tuition information: http://www.maharishischooliowa.org/admissions/tuition-information/|
|Admissions Director||Noelle Boucherle and Springli Johnson|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy Scouts, Destination ImagiNation, Environmental Club, Girl Scouts, Interact Club (Rotary International), International Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Improv Comedy Club, Speech Clu
- Maharishi School provides Consciousness-Based Education for preschool through 12th grade. Consciousness-Based Education adds two new components that are missing in modern education: The Transcendental Meditation program, which develops the students’ full mental potential, and the Science of Creative Intelligence.
- The Transcendental Meditation program is a simple, natural, effortless technique practiced worldwide by people of all religions and cultures. It provides a deep level of rest while the mind remains alert, and the brain becomes more orderly and coherent. The benefits for students include reduction of stress and anxiety, increased intelligence, and enhanced creativity.
- The Science of Creative Intelligence is a supplementary course designed to make all fields of knowledge meaningful. It reveals the universal principles at the basis of each field of study. Whether the student is studying art, math, biology, or sustainable living, the Science of Creative Intelligence develops higher order thinking skills, because they learn to see deeper principles in all of their subjects.
- 95% of graduates are admitted to respected colleges and universities, including Harvard, MIT, Stanford, and Johns Hopkins.
- Accredited by Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS). The Iowa Department of Education has accredited grades K-6 and has awarded grades 7-12 college preparatory status in recognition of the high percentage of graduates accepted at four-year colleges and universities.
- Classes consistently score in the top percentile on national standardized tests.
- National Merit Scholars: Out of 690 Maharishi School graduates, 33 students achieved Commended Scholar status, 44 students achieved National Merit Semifinalist status, 43 achieved Finalist status, and 19 achieved Scholar status.
- Nature Explore Classroom (playground) for preschool through 2nd grade certified by the Arbor Day Foundation provides hands-on nature experience
- Sustainable living component with on-site greenhouse and special seed-to-table kitchen. Only organic food is served in the dining hall, complete with a salad bar.
- Day program for preschool through 12th grade.
- Boarding School: 9th through 12th grade.
- People that viewed Maharishi School Of Enlightenment also viewed these schools: Ottumwa Christian School.
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.