Mamie O Stookey School
- Special Children, Inc is committed and dedicated to helping and supporting children birth to six years of age who are experiencing learning difficulties.
- We provide a quality inclusive infant/toddler education program, an early childhood school program, along with specialized therapies.
- By partnering with the families on behalf of their young child we offer emotional support and education.
- Mamie O. Stookey School was founded in 1953 and is approved by the Illinois State Board of Education as a Non-Public Facility in the State of Illinois to serve students with developmental delays, and/or other health impairments.
- The goal is to admit students to the school at three years of age and have them placed back in their; local school districts by age six.
- Class size is kept small and a special education teacher along with an interdisciplinary team of therapists provides specialized education in working towards successful achievement of student outcomes.
- Mamie. Stookey School is funded by the local school districts and is a proud United Way recipient.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BellevilleGrades: PK-12 | 30 students
413 E Main St
Belleville, IL 62220
Fairview HeightsGrades: PK-12 | 113 students
548 S Ruby Ln
Fairview Heights, IL 62208
BellevilleGrades: PK-8 | 296 students
1810 Mcclintock Ave
Belleville, IL 62221
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?