Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School (MICDS)
The thoughtful integration of technology deepens student engagement and inspires a sophisticated level of critical thinking and analysis.
We interweave skills and content through thematic studies where students engage with their lessons in a real-world context.
All of our students, JK-12, are enjoying the new Steward Family Aquatic Center and William R. Orthwein, Sr. pool.
Middle School programs offer a rich skills-based curriculum, encouraging academic and extracurricular experiences that lead to the discovery of new interests.
Through participation in the athletic program, students have the opportunity to gain and sustain emotional, intellectual and physical growth and well-being.
- MICDS is a college-prep, independent school that offers a dynamic learning environment for intellectually curious and ambitious students from junior kindergarten (age 4) through 12th grade. One school with three divisions, at MICDS we help students discover their unique talents, preparing them for higher education and a life of purpose and service as compassionate, engaged citizens of a global community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||1225 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||151 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||27 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP AB Calculus, AP BC Calculus, AP Statistics, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP US History, AP US Government, AP Macroeconomics, AP Microeconomics, AP Computer Science, AP Computer Science Principles, AP Psychology, AP Language and Culture: Chinese, AP Language and Culture: French, AP Language and Culture: German, AP Language and Culture: Spanish, AP Latin, AP Studio: 3-D Design, AP Studio: Photo, AP Studio: Drawing, AP Music Theory, AP Art History, AP|
|Average SAT score||1390|
|Average ACT score||30|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / Jan. 16|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $19,950 - $27,300|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$16,100|
|Admissions Director||Eric Brunt|
|Admissions Associate||Peggy Laramie|
|Total Sports Offered||19 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Cycling, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||50+ Clubs and Affinity Groups, Flourishing Visual and Performing Arts Programs 50+ Clubs and Affinity Groups,|
Flourishing Visual and Performing Arts Programs,
- MICDS is a college-prep, independent school that offers a dynamic learning environment for intellectually curious and ambitious students from junior kindergarten (age 4) through 12th grade. One school with three divisions, at MICDS we help students discover their unique talents, preparing them for higher education and a life of purpose and service as compassionate, engaged citizens of a global community. When your child attends MICDS, they'll receive an unmatched education in math, science and the humanities. They'll acquire strong academic skills and a lifelong love of learning. They'll learn from the best-from teachers who are skilled educators, experts in their fields, mentors and coaches. At MICDS, your child will engage with a hands-on and innovative curriculum, giving them a deep understanding across disciplines and grade levels. They'll enjoy small class sizes that promote vibrant intellectual exchange and a strong spirit of community. Starting in fifth grade, they'll receive their own laptop, used to facilitate learning and individualized instruction. Your future MICDS Ram will also have access to state-of-the-art facilities, which reflects the School's ongoing investment in their future. Take a visit to campus and experience for yourself our STEM facility-the most advanced secondary education building in the region-equipped with laboratories for research, plant sciences and robotics. Or check out our newly constructed athletics facilities, the Steward Family Aquatic Center, Holtman Stadium and O'Hara Field and Holekamp Track and Field Stadium, which enhance our strong athletic program and reflect the School`s commitment to excellence in all endeavors. At MICDS, your child will be challenged to become their best self. Empowered by our collaborative community, they'll explore their passions, engage in innovative learning and pursue excellence in and out of the classroom.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- FlorissantGrades: PK-12 | 296 students
845 Dunn Rd
Florissant, MO 63031
- Saint LouisGrades: NS-6 | 111 students
1515 Bennett Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63122
- Saint LouisGrades: 7-12 | 618 students
755 S Price Road
Saint Louis, MO 63124
- Saint LouisGrades: PK-6 | 338 students
900 Lay Road
Saint Louis, MO 63124
- Saint LouisGrades: 6-12 | 834 students
425 S. Lindbergh Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63131
Nearby Homes for Sale
October 29, 2017
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
October 24, 2017
There are a lot of misconceptions about private schools. This is probably because private schools are indeed private.
October 24, 2017
When making an important decision that will impact the lives of your children, you need to have all the facts in place. We compiled a list of the most important factors to consider when choosing a final private school for your child.