- Matlock Preparatory (MP) believes in the advantages of concurrently challenging and nurturing students.
- Matlock is a small private high school for gifted and creative students.
- The school has no religious affiliation. Matlock Academy students are eligible for STEP-UP and McKay Scholarships provided by the State of Florida.
- The school focuses on individual attention, promotes the individual and self and lets students grow academically and personally in a safe environment.
- Matlock Academy is academically oriented and offers advanced placement courses, dual curriculum courses with local colleges.
- In addition to the regular day program, Matlock offers a separate homeschool curriculum for parents who want to have their children learn at home.
- MP also offers private tutoring, teen coaching, and summer school.
- Matlock is also a SEVIS approved high school and has a separate international high school program for international students who want to learn in the United States in sunny Florida.
Matlock Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||46 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Payment plans are formulated to meet parents financial needs.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Randall Konsker|
- Matlock offers private high school education, AP courses, dual curriculum in West Palm Beach, Florida. Our students do incredibly well in an honors curriculum that pushes them to meet their academic expectations. Intensive College planning begins in the 9th grade and continually evolves until all acceptance letters are in place. In addition to Matlock Academy's regular day program, they offer homeschool and homeschooling for parents who want their children to learn at home. Matlock also offers private tutoring and summer as well. Please call Matlock for more information at 561-687-0327 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- North Palm Beach Grades: K-12 | 121 students
200 Castlewood Drive
North Palm Beach, FL 33408
(561)844-7700 9.3 K-12
- West Palm Beach Grades: 8-12 | 7 students
3359 Belvedere Rd Ste S
West Palm Beach, FL 33406
(561)689-2323 1.6 8-12
I want to enroll Matlock Academy.Please, attch your application form on this mail: email@example.comThanks
- Posted by Parent - Huynh Tieu Phong