5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (631) 665-5036
- MDQ ACADEMY eagles aspire to lead by inculcating the noblest of virtues.
- We strive to prepare today's students for tomorrow's challenges through enhanced curriculums and rigorous assessments which nurture holistic development.
- Our love for the creator compels us to serve as dynamic global citizens.
- We believe that producing strong leaders with high morals and character, is the root system of a successful community for all of humanity.
- The objectives include, uniformity and consistency in standard of all systems of education, enhancement of content of curriculum and quality on a continuous bases, consistent effort to reach the highest level compared to any school in the U.S., and fostering positive behavior and compassion toward fellow human beings.MDQ Academy is committed to creating a learning environment that is nurturing, supportive, and accepting; one in which we regard one another positively and communicate feelings of respect and appreciation.
- As a diverse collaborative school community, we are dedicated to achieving high standards for all our students.
- We provide a guide for the implementation of a child-centered curriculum that grows out of a teacher`s ongoing observations and assessment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Islamic School League of America (ISLA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||353 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Light blue shirt, blue dress pants, black shoes, jilbab for girls)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$450|
|Tuition Notes||Discount for siblings|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$100|
|Admissions Director||Olga Rechits|
|Admissions Associate||Aysha Khan|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Bowling, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, VolleyballBowling, Indoor Soccer,|
- We promote respect for self and others, as well as a sense of responsibility for our environment.Our curriculum and philosophy are child-centered. We strive to meet the needs of the whole child by providing a rich, warm and inviting environment that will provide a wide range of opportunities for individual growth and development. Our primary function is to provide the environment and encouragement that allow children to become good Muslims, confident, competent, self-directed learners and thinkers, capable of working together as a community.We promote an atmosphere of inclusion and appreciation of diversity within and outside of the school.
- Goals of MDQ Academy: To provide our children with a safe atmosphere in which they can grow and learn as whole individuals: intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, socially and physically.To strengthen and prepare them to effectively navigate the challenges of living in the modern American society. To nurture learning from a worldview and with a global perspective. To prepare them for active leadership roles in the world in which they live. To foster lasting friendships among classmates. Progress towards accreditation by Advanced.Consolidate, evaluate, and prioritize interventions to at-risk students. Provide opportunities to all students to exceed the state and national standards.Review the curriculum on an ongoing basis for potential improvements in order to enhance standardized tests scores.Provide staff development and support to teachers geared towards enhancing their pedagogical skills.Continue to implement and deploy technology in school and classroom.Continue renovations of school facilities and investment in resources in a timely manner to accommodate for the expected increase in student population.Maintain a college readiness environment through, Collegeboard, Springboard, Pre AP and AP Programs.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Brentwood Grades: K-12 | 385 students
1725 Brentwood Road Bldg 2
Brentwood, NY 11717
(631) 273-2406 0 K-12
- Bay Shore Grades: K-6 | 111 students
69 Wisconsin Ave
Bay Shore, NY 11706
(631) 273-3522 0.9 K-6
- Central Islip Grades: PK-8 | 308 students
82 Carleton Ave
Central Islip, NY 11722
(631) 234-6324 2.3 PK-8
The best school in NY. I love MDQ Academy. they have the best administration and teaching faculty. They are very courteous and very involve in their students' education. It is the best place for academic and character building. This school improved a lot in last three years.
- Posted by Parent - Ahmad
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.