- Meadowridge Academy is a comprehensive therapeutic boarding school located on 6.2 acres in rural MA,that serves adolescent males and females ages 12 to 22 with mental health issues, behavioral difficulties and complex trauma histories.
- Students range from low to average and high cognitive functioning, and may havelearning disabilities as well as medical fragility.
- Meadowridge Academy strives to make a positive difference in the lives of our students through individualizedcare and strengths based, trauma informed treatment.
- We use the ARC model to help students build positive relationships, learn and practice self regulation skills, and transform their individual interests into sources of strength, resiliency and success.
- We partner with families and communities to meet each student's individualneeds while providing endless opportunities for exploration, growth and independence.
- We provide comprehensivetreatment through a multidisciplinary team approach that includes clinical, educational, vocational, residential, psychiatric and nursing services.
- In tandem with clinical and academic offerings Meadowridge Academy providesa rich, therapeutic recreation program with indoor and outdoor recreation spaces, playing fields, a summertime Aquatics program in our pool and a year round vocational program that offers training in woodworking, horticulture, animal husbandry and expressive arts.
- Meadowridge Academy works collaboratively with all members of a student's treatment team to quickly and safelyreintegrate them into the community and reunite them with their families.
- At Meadowridge Academy, discharge planning begins at intake and the impact and support the program offers does not end upon discharge.
- Wstudents transition, they can be supported through our aftercare services including clinical and visiting resources, training and consultation to the family or next placement, emergency on-call and respite services.
- Meadowridge Academy offers an intensive and individualized clinical approach that features an array of services and interventions designed to prepare our students for a strong, healthy future.
- Through the ARC model, Cliniciansfocus on helping students build strong, positive attachments, self regulation skills and competency.
- Cliniciansutilize a variety of trauma informed techniques, including Sensory Motor Arousal Regulation Treatment (SMART), Neurofeedback, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and Trauma-Focused CBT to guide students in processing trauma history and developing positive skills to manage difficult emotions.
- Students are provided individual therapy, family therapy and group therapy as well ascomprehensive psychiatric care on site and 24 hour a day nursing support.
- Additionally, a focus of our program is to help each student develop their individual interests and talents into areas of competency.
- This may include, but is notlimited to, off site vocational experience in the form of internships, apprenticeships and volunteer work.
- Meadowridge Academy students attend school on site, year round and have a full day of academic and vocational training.
- While the curriculum is challenging, modifications are made to meet the individual needs of each student and classrooms are designed to be small with additional academic support to ensure students are receiving the assistance they need.
- Each classroom has 4- 7 students, and has a certified teacher and a teacher's support staff.
- In addition to the standardized curriculum the students enjoy art, physical education, life-skills and vocational classes.
- The academic and vocational staff collaborate on unit plans to reinforce generalization of skills learned in respective classes throughout all curriculum areas.
- This approach assures our students recognize the relationship between topics as they are presented.
- Meadowridge Academy's signature curriculum is Animalia. Animalia is a unigue educational platform that unites all academic dicuiplines and creates a signature environmnet for the school.
- It provides all students with a curriculum that not only occupies their daily lives, but also provides them with a real sense of expertise and career-preparatory skills.
- Animalia also provides a venue within which the eudcational and clinical components of the shool collaborage on student growth.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Casey Gallagher|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Ice Hockey, Intramural Sports Only, Rock Climbing, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Dance, Flag Football,
Football, Ice Hockey,
Intramural Sports Only, Rock Climbing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Basketball, Softball, Volleyball, Kickball, Cize, Running, Chess Club, Anime, Cards, Model Building, Screenplay Writing, Culinary,, Singing, Recording, Music Lessons Basketball, Softball, Volleyball, Kickball, Cize,
Running, Chess Club, Anime, Cards, Model Building, Screenplay Writing, Culinary,,
Singing, Recording, Music Lessons,
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SwanseaGrades: 8-12 | 31 students
789 Stevens Rd
Swansea, MA 02777
SwanseaGrades: 6-12 | 24 students
24 Main St
Swansea, MA 02777
SomersetGrades: K | 180 students
1333 County St
Somerset, MA 02726
Fall RiverGrades: PK-8 | 205 students
209 Essex St
Fall River, MA 02720
Fall RiverGrades: NS-PK
620 North Main St.
Fall River, MA 02720
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.