- Mercy Centre is a program of Catholic Charities Worcester County.
- It was founded by the Sisters of Mercy and Catholic Charities as a school for children with developmental disabilities.
- Today, we offer comprehensive educational, vocational and community based services for students from 6-22 years of age.
- Mercy Centre provides comprehensive educational and employment training opportunities for students with developmental disabilities, mental retardation, sensory impairments, and/or physical challenges combined with attentional, communication, motor, medical and/or behavioral involvement.
- It is designed to maximize a student's independence with a goal of full participation in his/her community in accordance with each student's IEP. It operates full-day sessions during regular school days, 180 days a year.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-11|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Developmental Disabilities|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WorcesterGrades: 7-12 | 702 students
781 Grove St
Worcester, MA 01605
WestonGrades: 3-12 | 91 students
177 Boston Post Rd
Weston, MA 02493
WorcesterGrades: 7-12 | 651 students
144 Granite St
Worcester, MA 01604
FraminghamGrades: 7-12 | 28 students
1 Frederick Abbott Way
Framingham, MA 01701
MillburyGrades: 6-12 | 40 students
130 Elm St
Millbury, MA 01527
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017