Mercy High School
- The mission of Mercy High School, San Francisco, is to educate young women to pursue lives of spiritual and intellectual depth, and take bold action to improve our world.
- Our college preparatory education not only imparts academic skills and knowledge, but also encourages the development of values that will guide young women throughout their lives.
- Mercy High School strives to provide a Christian environment where the following values can be nurtured: love of God, self-esteem, intellectual integrity, independent thought, respect for human rights, compassion for others, dedication to teach, courage to act, and respect for the gifts of the Earth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||240 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|Average SAT score||1070|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform, formal, casual, spirit wear)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 9 / Jan. 6|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,320|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Natalia Girlich|
|Admissions Associate||Ashely Travis|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- A Mercy education is like no other.
- Mercy High School is an independent Catholic school that empowers and educates young women. Mercy harnesses the all-girls school advantage within a small, diverse, inclusive, urban setting in San Francisco. We offer a four-year college preparatory program that includes Advanced Placement and Honors courses in English, mathematics, science, foreign language, and history.
- Mercy is dedicated to nurturing highly competent and deeply compassionate women.
- Our Special Programs: Women in Science and Healthcare, Women in Technology, Women in Performing Arts, and Women in the Arts provide a unique, focused curriculum where students can access guest lectures, internships, and 1:1 mentorship programs with Bay Area professionals.
- Mercy is a member of the Mercy Education System of the Americas (MESA), sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 364 students
3625 24th St
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415)824-2052 3.2 9-12
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 1478 students
2001 37th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94116
(415)731-7500 1.9 9-12
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 1297 students
1055 Ellis St
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415)775-6626 4.7 9-12
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.