Mercy High School
- The mission of Mercy High School, San Francisco, is to educate young women to pursue lives of spiritual and intellectual depth, and take bold action to improve our world.
- Our college preparatory education not only imparts academic skills and knowledge, but also encourages the development of values that will guide young women throughout their lives.
- Mercy High School strives to provide a Christian environment where the following values can be nurtured: love of God, self-esteem, intellectual integrity, independent thought, respect for human rights, compassion for others, dedication to teach, courage to act, and respect for the gifts of the Earth.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||240 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|Average SAT score||1070|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform, formal, casual, spirit wear)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 9 / Jan. 6|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,320|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance available|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Natalia Girlich|
|Admissions Associate||Ashely Travis|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- A Mercy education is like no other.
- Mercy High School is an independent Catholic school that empowers and educates young women. Mercy harnesses the all-girls school advantage within a small, diverse, inclusive, urban setting in San Francisco. We offer a four-year college preparatory program that includes Advanced Placement and Honors courses in English, mathematics, science, foreign language, and history.
- Mercy is dedicated to nurturing highly competent and deeply compassionate women.
- Our Special Programs: Women in Science and Healthcare, Women in Technology, Women in Performing Arts, and Women in the Arts provide a unique, focused curriculum where students can access guest lectures, internships, and 1:1 mentorship programs with Bay Area professionals.
- Mercy is a member of the Mercy Education System of the Americas (MESA), sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 364 students
3625 24th St
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415)824-2052 3.2 9-12
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 1478 students
2001 37th Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94116
(415)731-7500 1.9 9-12
- San Francisco Grades: 9-12 | 1297 students
1055 Ellis St
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415)775-6626 4.7 9-12
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.