- Middleburg Academy inspires students to achieve excellence in academics, the arts, and athletics.
- We are a dynamic community of students, faculty/staff, parents, and alumni dedicated to lifelong learning, service to others, personal growth, and the success of each student.
- Our mission is to provide a community to develop young men and women of high moral integrity who will be responsible leaders and citizens in a diverse and ever-changing world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Art (Portfolio), Advanced Engineering Design, Advanced Latin Reading, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Computer Science A, AP Computer Science Principles, AP English Literature and Composition, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP Human Geography, AP Latin, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Spanish Language and Culture, AP Statistics, AP Studio Art, AP United States History, AP Unites States Government and Politics, Independent Study in Architectural Drawing and Design, Independent Study in Drama, Independent Study in Three-Dimensional Design, Independent Study in Visual Art,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,100|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid available to qualified candidates.|
|Admissions Director||Edwina Bell|
|Admissions Associate||Kasey Morris|
|Endowment Size||$3 million|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Equestrian, Fencing, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Field Hockey, Golf,
- Our 90-acre, historic campus is home to a community that strongly upholds our Honor Code, an expected standard of integrity that ensures a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
- Each student belongs to an Advisory, a small group led by a Faculty Advisor who acts as another "parent" on campus, serving as the main point of contact for families regarding their child`s progress and overall well-being. Our Student-Parent-Advisor Conferences help students to take responsibility for their own education.
- The academic environment is unique at Middleburg Academy. There are no class bells that interrupt our Harkness table discussions, in which students and faculty sit together as equals at large, communal tables, and many visitors remark on a certain ease in the climate of our daily life.
- The College Counseling Office guides students and parents in preparing for the college search and application process, starting even in the 8th grade. Emphasis is placed upon informed decision-making and accurate self-reflection on the part of the student and his or her parents, with the aim that students find the college that best matches their abilities and long-term goals.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ashburn Grades: PK-12 | 529 students
19790 Ashburn Rd
Ashburn, VA 20147
(571)209-5500 17.2 PK-12