Monsignor Haddad Middle
Monsignor Haddad Middle Photo #2 - Monsignor Haddad sixth graders help host the daily Mass on Boston Catholic TV
Monsignor Haddad Middle Photo #4 - Monsignor Haddad Middle School Students in one of our two science labs
- Monsignor James J. Haddad Middle School! Set in metrowest Boston in the heart of Needham Center with students from over twenty different communities, our mission is to educate the whole person: mind, body and spirit.
- We are committed to maximizing academic achievement, promoting social responsibility within a Christian value system, and supporting students interests in a wide variety of co-curricular activities ranging from studio visual arts to robotics.
- The middle school years can be difficult with students experiencing great personal change.
- There is an unstated philosophy and motto amongst faculty that no MHMS student will be allowed to slip through the cracks.
- Our small school size, attentive teaching staff, insistence on respect, and strong underpinning of Catholic values ensures that students can be guided and monitored through their middle school experience in a healthy, safe way. challenging, joyful and family-friendly.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||120 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition cost slightly reduced for parishioners of St. Joseph Parish|
|Admissions Associate||Pat Ross|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Field HockeyBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Breakfast N' Books, Forensics Club, Student Council (Middle School), Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Musical Theatre
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Golf, Running Club, Ski Club, Yoga
- MHMS was the perfect choice for our family. The caring faculty and academic rigor made for a seamless transition to high school honors classes. The activities, trips and service projects cemented friendships that will last a lifetime
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Needham Grades: NS-5 | 388 students
90 Pickering St
Needham, MA 02492
(781) 444-4459 0.1 NS-5
This school is excellent! Academic rigor with the support and guidance of excellent teachers who are available to help students outside of class when needed. A nice variety of extracurricular activities - a wonderful speech and debate club, sports, robotics, community service and more. My daughter feels challenged, supported and is engaged both inside and outside of the classroom. A great community. All parents looking for another option for middle school should look at Monsignor Haddad.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.