Montessori Childrens House
Tel: (562) 431-8880
- Montessori Children's House is dedicated to a nonsectarian Montessori education for children, regardless of race, color, sex, or creed.
- The Montessori Method is based on the premise of Dr. Maria Montessori, an Italian physician and educator who believed that each child is born with a drive to develop him/herself.
- A child learns best from his own physical activity and uses these five senses in an enriched environment which offers the freedom to discover, explore and create with supportive encouragement.
- Dr. Montessori's ideas have been supported and expanded by the scientific research of other developmental psychologists.
- This program is designed to prepare a learning journey. The children take a hands-on approach to exploring the world around them.
- Materials are provided to stimulate a child's innate desire to learn.
- Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, Science, Geography, Art, and Music are incorporated into the child's daily curriculum.
- Here we build the foundation that will continue for the rest of their lives.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Long Beach Grades: PK-10 | 85 students
6095 Orange Ave
Long Beach, CA 90805
(562) 422-4206 6.2 PK-10
- Atascadero Grades: PK-6 | 130 students
3025 Monterey Rd
Atascadero, CA 93422
(805) 466-5068 188 PK-6
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510) 665-8800 365.8 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?