Montessori Childrens House
- Montessori Children's House is dedicated to a nonsectarian Montessori education for children, regardless of race, color, sex, or creed.
- The Montessori Method is based on the premise of Dr. Maria Montessori, an Italian physician and educator who believed that each child is born with a drive to develop him/herself.
- A child learns best from his own physical activity and uses these five senses in an enriched environment which offers the freedom to discover, explore and create with supportive encouragement.
- Dr. Montessori's ideas have been supported and expanded by the scientific research of other developmental psychologists.
- This program is designed to prepare a learning journey. The children take a hands-on approach to exploring the world around them.
- Materials are provided to stimulate a child's innate desire to learn.
- Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, Science, Geography, Art, and Music are incorporated into the child's daily curriculum.
- Here we build the foundation that will continue for the rest of their lives.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Long Beach Grades: K-12 | 65 students
6095 Orange Ave
Long Beach, CA 90805
(562)422-4206 6.2 K-12
- Atascadero Grades: PK-6 | 128 students
3025 Monterey Rd
Atascadero, CA 93422
(805)466-5068 188 PK-6
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510)665-8800 365.8 PK-8
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.