Montessori Childrens House
- Montessori Children's House is dedicated to a nonsectarian Montessori education for children, regardless of race, color, sex, or creed.
- The Montessori Method is based on the premise of Dr. Maria Montessori, an Italian physician and educator who believed that each child is born with a drive to develop him/herself.
- A child learns best from his own physical activity and uses these five senses in an enriched environment which offers the freedom to discover, explore and create with supportive encouragement.
- Dr. Montessori's ideas have been supported and expanded by the scientific research of other developmental psychologists.
- This program is designed to prepare a learning journey. The children take a hands-on approach to exploring the world around them.
- Materials are provided to stimulate a child's innate desire to learn.
- Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, Science, Geography, Art, and Music are incorporated into the child's daily curriculum.
- Here we build the foundation that will continue for the rest of their lives.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||47 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Long Beach Grades: PK-10 | 85 students
6095 Orange Ave
Long Beach, CA 90805
(562)422-4206 6.2 PK-10
- Atascadero Grades: PK-6 | 130 students
3025 Monterey Rd
Atascadero, CA 93422
(805)466-5068 188 PK-6
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510)665-8800 365.8 PK-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.