Montessori Childrens House
- Montessori Children's House is dedicated to a nonsectarian Montessori education for children, regardless of race, color, sex, or creed.
- The Montessori Method is based on the premise of Dr. Maria Montessori, an Italian physician and educator who believed that each child is born with a drive to develop him/herself.
- A child learns best from his own physical activity and uses these five senses in an enriched environment which offers the freedom to discover, explore and create with supportive encouragement.
- Dr. Montessori's ideas have been supported and expanded by the scientific research of other developmental psychologists.
- This program is designed to prepare a learning journey. The children take a hands-on approach to exploring the world around them.
- Materials are provided to stimulate a child's innate desire to learn.
- Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics, Science, Geography, Art, and Music are incorporated into the child's daily curriculum.
- Here we build the foundation that will continue for the rest of their lives.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Long Beach Grades: K-12 | 65 students
6095 Orange Ave
Long Beach, CA 90805
(562)422-4206 6.2 K-12
- Atascadero Grades: PK-6 | 128 students
3025 Monterey Rd
Atascadero, CA 93422
(805)466-5068 188 PK-6
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510)665-8800 365.8 PK-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.