Montessori Country Day School
- In accordance with the philosophy and pedagogical methods of Maria Montessori, the Montessori Country Day School community, consisting of teachers, staff and parents, makes it their goal to provide quality, child-centered, individualized education for children ages 12 months through 13 years.
- We all work together to develop responsible, critical-thinking, confident, powerful, and caring members of society.
- Through the manipulation of hands-on materials, students develop independence, confidence, self-direction, self-discipline, a positive attitude toward school and a life-long love of learning.
- Children enjoy freedom of movement and choice within a well-planned, low pressure, child-paced, prepared environment.
- This environment, designed with clear and carefully defined limits, meets the needs of a multi-aged, heterogeneous grouping of students.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-7|
|Total Students||168 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.