Montessori Country School
- Montessori Country School is a magical place where the teachers, students and parents are learning together.
- If you were to visit at any given time, you would notice a calm hum of activity.
- Students of mixed ages learning and growing together - Preschoolers counting, scrubbing tables, feeding the fish, writing stories, creating art, singing songs finding ways to engage in learning that is as natural as breathing! Elementary children might be exploring astronomers and constellations, diagramming sentences, singing songs about the earth, or working together to take care of the campus.
- Our campus is located on four acres of woodland property woods for natural play.
- Our beautiful environments are an integral part of our curriculum.
- The children learn about the plants and animals that surround them and take pride in caring for the earth.
- Montessori Country School was founded in 1972. It is a non-profit 501c3 corporation and is overseen by a Board of Directors.
- The staff and faculty at MCS have been with the school for many years and the sense of community here is strong and healthy.
- All of our faculty are trained and certified by national Montessori training programs.
- Parents are a rich resource for the school and bring to it their interests and talents and generosity. Visitors are welcome!.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Other school association(s)
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Montessori education is known to be helpful to students with a variety of learning styles. It is a multi-sensory approach that offers concrete materials when teaching concepts.|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 27%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Meghan Skotheim|
|Admissions Associate||Karla Piecuch|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- PoulsboGrades: K-6 | 55 students
14000 Central Valley Rd NW
Poulsbo, WA 98370
- BremertonGrades: K-12 | 301 students
4012 Chico Way NW
Bremerton, WA 98312
- BremertonGrades: PK-8 | 32 students
5088 NW Taylor Rd
Bremerton, WA 98312
- Bainbridge IslandGrades: K-8 | 37 students
6974 Island Center Road NE PO Box 10160
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
- SilverdaleGrades: PK-K | 37 students
11878 Schold Rd Nw
Silverdale, WA 98383
March 01, 2018
Shootings, terrorist attacks, tornadoes, floods, earthquakes, fire, and more are sadly commonplace happenings in the 21st-century. How prepared for the unthinkable is your school?
February 21, 2018
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
February 19, 2018
Think of the school search process as a series of checkpoints, each of which has a due date. We show you when to do the various items in the search process.