Montessori School Of Huntsville
- The Montessori School of Huntsville educates children to prepare them for a life of purpose, integrity, and academic accomplishment. We develop independent learners, critical thinkers, and tomorrow's leaders.
- We serve children ages 18 months through 12 years (6th grade) at two campuses in Southeast Huntsville and Hampton Cove.
- We are proud to be accredited through the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and a Full-Member School through the American Montessori Society (AMS).
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||110 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||visit school website for more Tuition & Fees information.|
|Admissions Director||Leela Pahl|
|Admissions Associate||Kelsey Flores|
- Toddler Program:
- - Children aged 18 months - 2 1/2 years of age may apply for the Toddler program. A tremendous portion of a child`s brain development takes place in the first three years of life. The focus in the toddler room is on developing language, motor and self-help skills and helping children build trusting relationships. The classroom is truly toddler friendly; chairs, tables, sinks and materials are sized specifically for this age group.
- Primary Program:
- - Children aged 3 - 6 years of age may apply for the Primary program. The primary classrooms focus on developing the building blocks for learning: concentration, independence, order, and self-confidence. Children in this age group have an extraordinary capacity to absorb information from their surroundings. The Montessori environment is designed to support children`s affinity for learning at their own periods of interest and readiness.
- Elementary Program:
- - Children aged 6 - 12 years of age may apply for the Elementary program.
- The Lower Elementary classroom is designed to encourage resourcefulness, initiative, and increased curiosity. As students expand their reading, writing, and math skills, they also nourish their imaginations through a hands-on, integrated curriculum. Our students actively participate in the educational process and work hard for the sheer joy of it.
- In the Upper Elementary classroom, students learn to challenge themselves beyond what is traditionally taught at a certain age. Students continue their journeys through the study of history, complex algebra and geometry, science, and geography. The focus is on developing the foundation for lifetime learning while emphasizing independent research.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Huntsville Grades: PK-8 | 129 students
1699 Old Dry Creek Rd
Huntsville, AL 35806
(256)837-5266 13 PK-8
- Birmingham Grades: PK-6 | 225 students
2800 Montessori Way
Birmingham, AL 35209
(205)879-3278 78.8 PK-6
- Huntsville Grades: K | 8 students
2605 Leeman Ferry Rd
Huntsville, AL 35801
(256)539-5161 7.8 K
- Madison Grades: PK-12 | 868 students
325 Slaughter Rd
Madison, AL 35758
(256)469-6400 11.4 PK-12
- Huntsville Grades: K | 35 students
2334 Pansy St Sw
Huntsville, AL 35801
(256)534-6296 7.9 K
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
Your school's website and your social media sites are essential tools in your marketing program.
Choosing the right private school for your child is a lengthy process. I want you to achieve the success which you deserve without making these common mistakes other parents have made.