Montessori School Of New Hartford
- At Montessori School of New Hartford, the physical surroundings, the learning methods and the ways in which students interact with one another are choreographed to create an environment in which children can discover their unique relationship to the world.
- At Montessori School of New Hartford, we believe independent choice and authentic interests are key elements in learning.
- With each learning activity based on the needs and interests of the children, they develop independence and the ability to make good choices early on.
- It is through their own work in our specially prepared environments that children develop self-discipline and self- teaching abilities that will last a lifetime.
- Montessorians believe that children learn by doing and are lovers of purposeful work, spontaneously chosen and carried out with profound joy.
- Montessori education also attends to the total development of the child – social, emotional, intellectual, physical and spiritual.
- As Montessori educators believe that these spheres of a child's personality and intellect must be integrated and balanced through the child's activities.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Utica Grades: 1-8 | 56 students
1601 Armory Dr
Utica, NY 13501
(315) 798-4006 4.6 1-8
- Utica Grades: Inquire with school | 179 students
1601 Armory Drive
Utica, NY 13501
(315) 798-4006 4.7 Inquire with school
- Utica Grades: K-12 | 117 students
1550 Champlin Ave
Utica, NY 13502
(315) 235-7600 5.4 K-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?