Mooreland Hill School
5.00 (1 review)
- Mooreland Hill School, an independent, co-educational, non-demoninational day school currently serves central Connecticut students in Grade K through Grade 9.
- Mooreland Hill offers students a challenging, integrated curriculum, small class size, a strong advisory system and extensive co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities. Est. 1930.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(slacks, skirt or shorts, collared shirt, navy blazer for dress-up days)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for 2014-15 Grades K-3: $14,000 Grades 4/5: $20,500/$24,000 Grades 6-9: $24,000 Financial Aid available for qualifying candidates|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Field Hockey, Soccer, Softball, TennisBaseball, Basketball,|
Field Hockey, Soccer,
- Ours is a diverse and vibrant learning community that takes pride in offering a balanced education for its students. In the classroom, our teachers encourage students to become active learners, acquiring knowledge and mastering the skills necessary to think critically, write effectively, collaborate with others and creatively solve problems. Beyond the classroom, students participate in a wide array of activities that provide opportunities to sharpen skills, explore new interests and develop new talents. In all that we do – in the classroom, on the playing fields and on the concert stage, in the science lab and cyberspace, while working together on community service projects – we seek to inspire, encourage and challenge our students to reach their full academic, creative, social and athletic potential.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West HartfordGrades: NS-8 | 347 students
2865 Albany Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117
- UnionvilleGrades: PK-12 | 20 students
PO Box 152
Unionville, CT 06085
- MiddlefieldGrades: NS-8 | 157 students
115 Laurel Brook Road
Middlefield, CT 06455
- AvonGrades: NS-8 | 117 students
150 Fisher Dr
Avon, CT 06001
- BloomfieldGrades: K-5 | 38 students
1151 Blue Hills Avenue
Bloomfield, CT 06002
This school has been a wonderful place for my son. His confidence has truly soared since starting the school 3 years ago. He has had opportunities that he would never have gotten in a big public school. Teaching is amazing and time spent on each student is invaluable.
- Posted by Parent - jdsmi
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.