Mooreland Hill School
5.00 (1 review)
- Mooreland Hill School, an independent, co-educational, non-demoninational day school currently serves central Connecticut students in Grade K through Grade 9.
- Mooreland Hill offers students a challenging, integrated curriculum, small class size, a strong advisory system and extensive co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities. Est. 1930.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(slacks, skirt or shorts, collared shirt, navy blazer for dress-up days)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$24,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for 2014-15 Grades K-3: $14,000 Grades 4/5: $20,500/$24,000 Grades 6-9: $24,000 Financial Aid available for qualifying candidates|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Field Hockey, Soccer, Softball, TennisBaseball, Basketball,|
Field Hockey, Soccer,
- Ours is a diverse and vibrant learning community that takes pride in offering a balanced education for its students. In the classroom, our teachers encourage students to become active learners, acquiring knowledge and mastering the skills necessary to think critically, write effectively, collaborate with others and creatively solve problems. Beyond the classroom, students participate in a wide array of activities that provide opportunities to sharpen skills, explore new interests and develop new talents. In all that we do – in the classroom, on the playing fields and on the concert stage, in the science lab and cyberspace, while working together on community service projects – we seek to inspire, encourage and challenge our students to reach their full academic, creative, social and athletic potential.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Middlefield Grades: NS-8 | 162 students
115 Laurel Brook Road
Middlefield, CT 06455
(860)347-7235 10.5 NS-8
- Avon Grades: NS-8 | 117 students
150 Fisher Dr
Avon, CT 06001
(860)677-2403 12.2 NS-8
This school has been a wonderful place for my son. His confidence has truly soared since starting the school 3 years ago. He has had opportunities that he would never have gotten in a big public school. Teaching is amazing and time spent on each student is invaluable.
- Posted by Parent - jdsmi
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.