- MGA is a classical, Christian school that partners with parents in educating their children.
- Students K-12th attend classes in core subjects two days each week, studying at home the other three 'school days.' This college-style schedule optimizes flexibility and customization, while minimizing costs to families. Our core classes include math, science, English and history. Math and science courses in the Upper School (6th-12th) are aligned with national standards.
- English and History classes in the Upper School include the content outlined in Texas state standards (TEKS, STAAR). Grammar School classes (K-5th) include Art and P.E.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||255 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(MGA Shirt required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,500|
|Tuition Notes||$3500/yr tuition inclusive of student fees. $175 Family Registration Fee.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Shannon Blakely|
|Admissions Associate||Shannon Blakely|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Journalism/Yearbook, Spanish Spanish, Journalism/Yearbook,
- Morning Glory Academy (MGA) is a two-day/week classical, Christian school located at 129 Pecan Street, Keller, 76248. MGA provides part-time, small-group learning environment for children ages 5 - 18 ("K to 12th grade") in support of the students' home-centered education. Our programs serve families who do not want full-time public or private school, but do not want to 'go it alone' as homeschoolers.
- Please view our website for detailed information about our mission, structure, curricula, and more: www.theMGA.org.
- Students are divided into Grammar stage, K-5th; Logic stage, 6th-8th; and Rhetoric stage, 9th-12th. These levels guide both the content and the teaching methods of our classes. More detail on this classical approach to education is on our website.
- We have two programs: Mon-Wed and Tues-Thurs. These programs have identical content. Learning remains home-centered, but the child has group learning experiences and peer interaction in our classes. We study together the core subjects of World History, Literature and Language Arts, Science, and Math.
- We have a wonderfully convenient location, central to Keller, Southlake, Ft. Worth, Roanoke, Watauga, Colleyville, and North Richland Hills. We support families by:
- - offering teaching support to parents;
- - providing a class environment for students;
- - offering the flexibility of more time at home;
- - providing accountability and structure for students.
- The interview process will help us and you know whether MGA is appropriate for your child and what level is best. Because of our small class sizes, our policy of partnering WITH parents, and our dedicated teachers, we are able to welcome students who need adaptations from the 'traditional' classroom environment. MGA is an inclusive learning community, welcoming children with a variety of learning styles, capacities, and diagnoses. If a student is able to participate appropriately in a class environment and benefit from it, we are happy to include them in MGA. Our students include those who are traditional learners in typical styles; those who have learning challenges, and those who are considered 'gifted and talented.' We have a wide variety and want to maintain that broad spectrum in our learning community.
- Students, parents, and teachers commit to emulating Christ in their conduct, their conversation, and their efforts. Students sign a Code of Conduct that delineates our expectations for classroom behavior, and are expected to abide by it. Parents are provided a Parent Partnership Statement that outlines our expectations for completion of homework assignments necessary to profitable group discussion and interactive learning. We are partners in educating our and your children, and clearly defined expectations are foundational to success in this venture.
- We limit class sizes to 18 students per class. The Humanities studies (World History/ Literature) rely heavily upon discussion, with the students preparing by reading, researching, and writing outside of class. Science is lab- and activity-based. Math classes are a combination of lecture and time for students to work problems. In every class, our commitment is to provide worthwhile learning activities in support of your child's education.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
KellerGrades: PK-8 | 603 students
2016 Willis Lane
Keller, TX 76248
Fort WorthGrades: NS-12 | 344 students
7200 Denton Hwy
Fort Worth, TX 76148
Perfect blend allowing parents to be intimately involved in educating their children at their own pace, with professional teachers presenting/teaching the critical information with their added expertise (so there is no need to "repeat" 4th grade again as an adult for the parents).
- Posted by Parent - myasc