Mother Of Sorrows Elementary School
Tel: (724) 733-8840
- Mother of Sorrows School is a Catholic school in which spiritual formation is an integral part of the program.
- We are a family, a school family, that is devoted to building a community which encourages the development of our students according to their own cultural pattern, as well as their own individual pace and potential toward the realization of Christian living.
- We are dedicated to assisting each family in preparing their children for life and in helping them achieve and develop a life centered in Jesus Christ; a good self-concept; a well-disciplined and orderly mind; a healthy, sound body; an appreciation of the value of knowledge; basic skills; standards of social behavior; creativity; and questioning and analytical abilities.
- It is our goal to teach with the same passion and compassion that Jesus did.
- It is our goal for our students and their families to interact in a family-like atmosphere as Jesus intended.
- All of us working together to foster the feeling of family and fellowship will enable us to offer our children a sound education in the most loving and Christian environment possible.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||273 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cheswick Grades: K-12 | 151 students
1407 Pittsburgh St
Cheswick, PA 15024
(724) 274-4846 9.8 K-12
- Monroeville Grades: PK-8 | 303 students
245 Azalea Dr
Monroeville, PA 15146
(412) 372-7255 4.7 PK-8
- New Kensington Grades: PK-8 | 217 students
110 Elmtree Road
New Kensington, PA 15068
(724) 339-4411 11.3 PK-8
- Pittsburgh Grades: K-8 | 278 students
418 Unity Center Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15239
(412) 793-0555 6.3 K-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.