Mountain Island Day School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (704) 391-5516
- MID believes that the student is at the heart of everything we do. By educating and nurturing the whole child our students do not just seek for good grades but strive to be better people and make their world a better place.
- Along with scholastic endeavors we focus on character, ethics, service, and physical, emotional and spiritual health, all within a creative and positive environment that enhances faith, learning and growing.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||248 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(logo shirts, khaki/navy pants,etc. 9th-11th as lesser dress code. )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,800|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Tammy Winstead|
|Admissions Associate||Kim Verdi|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Flag Football, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Camp Mariner, Chess Club, Equestrian Club, Fire and Safety Bowl, Lego Engineering, Mentoring, Safety Patrol, Science Club, Sign Language Club, Spanish Club, Strategy Street Game Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Dance, Photography
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls On The Run, Swim, Tae Kwon Do
- The preschool was founded and opened in 2005. The day school evolved out of its after school program in 2009. MID's student body has continued to have wonderful growth each year and is now acceditated through Advanced Ed, allowing us to offer dual credit courses (college/HS credit). Registration is currently open for Tk through 11th grade. In 17/18 12th grade will be added and will complete our longterm plan of offering programming for birth through 12th grade. For an early start or students with younger siblings MID begins with Early Beginnings Child Development Center located 5 miles from the MID campus and cares for kids birth through five years old. For information on preschool go to www.earlybeginningscdc.com.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Charlotte Grades: PK-9 | 15 students
5901 Statesville Rd
Charlotte, NC 28269
(704) 783-7609 6.2 PK-9
- Charlotte Grades: K-8 | 130 students
301 S. Davidson St.
Charlotte, NC 28202
(704) 392-6330 6 K-8
I have 2 children at MID and we have been very impressed. My children both get individual attention. The staff are caring and attentive. There are lots of sports and clubs before and after school that meet every type of student's interests.
- Posted by Parent - eliza
We took a chance on a new school a few years ago and could not be more pleased. We have two children enrolled in the elementary program. Our boys are receiving an excellent education in a loving environment. This is not just a good school it's an excellent school!
- Posted by Parent - Tw
I have two children that attend Mountain Island Day and we have had a wonderful experience. I am impressed with the education that my child is receiving but I am extremely impressed with the community events the school provides to its students. As a parent I enjoy the school events as much or maybe a little more than my child. We are very happy with the education and community this school provides to our family and would recommend it to anyone.
- Posted by Parent - pwmid
My son has attended this school since it opened in 2009. We are so excited about the growth this school has seen in just a few years. The growth is a true indication of how wonderful this place is. My son has a learning disability and has always struggled in school. I am certain if he was anywhere else his needs would not have been met with the love and care he has received. Today our son is on grade level and doing very well. We could not imagine a better school/community for our family
- Posted by Parent - Twins
Excellent school, excellent teachers, excellent administration, excellent education = excellent kids. Could not be happier.
- Posted by Parent - lh
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.