Mt. Trashmore KinderCare
Meet our qualified and nurturing team! Many of our teachers have been with KinderCare for a number of years! Although we have a great time with the children, we really take our jobs seriously.
All of our team strives to make a positive difference in the lives of the children in our care and their families.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Welcome to the Silverleaf KinderCare! We are a Nationally Accredited Child Care Center located near Town Center and Mt. Trashmore in Virginia Beach. The Silverleaf Kindercare provides quality childcare for our Military Families stations at NAB Little Creek, NAS Oceana, and NS Norfolk bases. Our teachers here at KinderCare are passionate and knowledgeable about your child's growth and development and will provide your child with the tools to become a succesfull, lifelong learner. We are excited to show you all of the great things our center has to offer!
- All of our staff are CPR and First Aid certified. The Silverleaf KinderCare also has Medication Administration Staff.
- Hours Of Operation: 5:30 AM to 6:30 PM, M-F
- NACCRRA, Virginia Beach Social Services, Newport News, Norfolk
Source: National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Mt. Trashmore KinderCare?
The application deadline for Mt. Trashmore KinderCare is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Mt. Trashmore KinderCare. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.