Muslim Center Elementary & Junior High School
- In May 1975, a few brothers gathered together to establish a weekly Islamic School and a mosque for the frowning Muslim Community in this area.
- With a modest apartment at 41 st Avenue, Flushing, the Muslim Center came into existence.
- The Muslim Organization of North America appointed one brother as the first administrator of the Center and three other brothers as Advisers.
- The first general meeting was held on the 1st Sunday of November 1975.
- It was decided to have the Center incorporated so that it would function independently.
- On the first Sunday of January 1976 the first Executive Board was elected with the following thirteen members: Syed Anwer Hussain (President), Anis Ahmed Baig (Vice President), Mohammad Tariq Sherwani (General secretary), Syed Mobin Ahmad (Treasurer), M. Shamsheer Ali Baig, Ebrahim S. Lunat, Syed Shahid Ali, Mohammad Haider Imam, Mozaffar Hussain, Muzaffar Qureshi, Kamal Ahmad Khan, Mumtaz H. Khan, and Muhammad Hussain.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Islamic School League of America (ISLA)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||164 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Astoria Grades: PK-5 | 74 students
2542 49th Street
Astoria, NY 11103
(718)274-9060 4.9 PK-5
- Astoria Grades: NS-12 | 19 students
31-21 31 Street, Astoria
Astoria, NY 11106
(718)626-5100 5.5 NS-12
- Corona Grades: K-8 | 69 students
10302 Northern Blvd
Corona, NY 11368
(718)397-5446 2.4 K-8
- Corona Grades: 7-11 | 19 students
10501 Northern Blvd
Corona, NY 11368
(718)779-1060 2.4 7-11
Nearby Homes for Sale
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.