New Bridge School
- NewBridge School is designed for students with language-based learning disabilities.
- We specialize in teaching students with average to above average intelligence who require different instructional methods.
- Our teachers are expert in balancing high academic standards with supportive, analytical teaching styles.
- We provide strategy-based instruction that focuses on teaching students HOW to learn rather than simply going through the materials.
- Students who may struggle in a public school environment flourish in our intentionally small classrooms (8:1). This gives our teachers the ability to truly get to know each student, allowing them to better understand their strengths and challenges, and personalize their approach.
- We integrate Speech and Language and Occupational Therapy into the classroom to maximize progress.
- 1:1 iPad Program to enhance learning, aid students with their differences, and bring content to life in a way that is more engaging
New Bridge School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based Learning Disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$2,500|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||6 week summer session|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(clean and neat)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,500|
|Tuition Notes||tuition schedule available upon request|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sarah Dyer|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Weekly Art program
- Strategy-based - we teach students how to learn.
- Transitional - our students learn to be effective, efficient, successful learners, prepared to move on to more "traditional" environments.
- Analytical teaching methodologies - we determine how each individual learns best, then teach him/her to use that learning style to their advantage.
- Self-advocacy - our students learn to be responsible for their learning, to understand their strengths as well as their differences.
- We teach Language, Learning, Memory, Social Skills, Self-Concept strategies.
- We maintain a balanced female/male population.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Jolla Grades: NS-8 | 230 students
2225 Torrey Pines Lane
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)454-0184 14.9 NS-8
- La Mesa Grades: K-12 | 52 students
7200 Parkway Drive
La Mesa, CA 91942
(619)583-6762 13.1 K-12
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.