New Bridge School
- NewBridge School is designed for students with language-based learning disabilities.
- We specialize in teaching students with average to above average intelligence who require different instructional methods.
- Our teachers are expert in balancing high academic standards with supportive, analytical teaching styles.
- We provide strategy-based instruction that focuses on teaching students HOW to learn rather than simply going through the materials.
- Students who may struggle in a public school environment flourish in our intentionally small classrooms (8:1). This gives our teachers the ability to truly get to know each student, allowing them to better understand their strengths and challenges, and personalize their approach.
- We integrate Speech and Language and Occupational Therapy into the classroom to maximize progress.
- 1:1 iPad Program to enhance learning, aid students with their differences, and bring content to life in a way that is more engaging
New Bridge School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language-based Learning Disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$2,500|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||6 week summer session|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(clean and neat)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,500|
|Tuition Notes||tuition schedule available upon request|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sarah Dyer|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Weekly Art program
- Strategy-based - we teach students how to learn.
- Transitional - our students learn to be effective, efficient, successful learners, prepared to move on to more "traditional" environments.
- Analytical teaching methodologies - we determine how each individual learns best, then teach him/her to use that learning style to their advantage.
- Self-advocacy - our students learn to be responsible for their learning, to understand their strengths as well as their differences.
- We teach Language, Learning, Memory, Social Skills, Self-Concept strategies.
- We maintain a balanced female/male population.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Jolla Grades: NS-8 | 230 students
2225 Torrey Pines Lane
La Jolla, CA 92037
(858)454-0184 14.9 NS-8
- La Mesa Grades: 1-12 | 58 students
7200 Parkway Drive
La Mesa, CA 91942
(619)583-6762 13.1 1-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.