New Dawn Center
- At the New Dawn Center, children are immersed in a special world that stimulates every one of their five senses.
- to give you a feeling of that special-ness, we'd like you to experience a typical day in our 3-5 year old classroom.
- At these ages, children are building a foundation for the more in-depth study of language, culture, math, science and interpersonal skill building that occurs in the 6-9 year old program.
- Imagine for a moment that you're a young child filled with wonder and innocence at a world that's just beginning to unfold.
- Your legs move excitedly up worn, wooden stairs into a playground that overlooks a pine forested canyon.
- You run exuberantly towards the sprawling oak, pine and fruit trees.
- You gaze in awe at the vegetable and flower garden - there was nothing there when you helped plant it just a few weeks ago.
- A gentle sounding bell rings and you're embraced by a genuinely caring teacher.
- She ushers you and your classmates into a cozy house filled with colorful, enticing objects.
- You chuckle at the self - portrait hanging on the wall.
- While reaching over to pet Cutey, the hamster, you stare in amazement at the graceful movements of the tarantula, Houdini.
- As you sit by the fireplace to play the harp a classmate offers you sliced fruit from a platter.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Morro Bay Grades: K-8
Po Box 1674
Morro Bay, CA 93443
(805)995-1941 18.1 K-8
- Morro Bay Grades: NS-PK | 41 students
600 Quintana Road
Morro Bay, CA 93442
(805)772-9317 18.2 NS-PK
- Paso Robles Grades: K-12 | 109 students
3025 Adelaida Rd.
Paso Robles, CA 93446
(805)239-0707 20.2 K-12
- Templeton Grades: 1-8
1460 Plum Orchard Ln
Templeton, CA 93465
(805)434-2217 20.3 1-8
- Templeton Grades: K-8 | 14 students
940 Templeton Hills Road
Templeton, CA 93465
(805)434-1638 20.6 K-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.