New Dawn Center
- At the New Dawn Center, children are immersed in a special world that stimulates every one of their five senses.
- to give you a feeling of that special-ness, we'd like you to experience a typical day in our 3-5 year old classroom.
- At these ages, children are building a foundation for the more in-depth study of language, culture, math, science and interpersonal skill building that occurs in the 6-9 year old program.
- Imagine for a moment that you're a young child filled with wonder and innocence at a world that's just beginning to unfold.
- Your legs move excitedly up worn, wooden stairs into a playground that overlooks a pine forested canyon.
- You run exuberantly towards the sprawling oak, pine and fruit trees.
- You gaze in awe at the vegetable and flower garden - there was nothing there when you helped plant it just a few weeks ago.
- A gentle sounding bell rings and you're embraced by a genuinely caring teacher.
- She ushers you and your classmates into a cozy house filled with colorful, enticing objects.
- You chuckle at the self - portrait hanging on the wall.
- While reaching over to pet Cutey, the hamster, you stare in amazement at the graceful movements of the tarantula, Houdini.
- As you sit by the fireplace to play the harp a classmate offers you sliced fruit from a platter.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Morro Bay Grades: K-8
Po Box 1674
Morro Bay, CA 93443
(805) 995-1941 18.1 K-8
- Morro Bay Grades: NS-PK | 41 students
600 Quintana Road
Morro Bay, CA 93442
(805) 772-9317 18.2 NS-PK
- Paso Robles Grades: K-12 | 109 students
3025 Adelaida Rd.
Paso Robles, CA 93446
(805) 239-0707 20.2 K-12
- Templeton Grades: 1-8 | 32 students
1460 Plum Orchard Ln
Templeton, CA 93465
(805) 434-2217 20.3 1-8
- Templeton Grades: 1-8 | 9 students
940 Templeton Hills Rd
Templeton, CA 93465
(805) 434-1638 21.3 1-8
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
The parent-teacher conference is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your child's progress. Make the most of it by preparing yourself both emotionally and intellectually for this special, brief time with your child's teacher.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?