New Haven Nps
- New Haven provides individualized, highly structured, classroom instruction with an emphasis on positive reinforcement.
- (New Haven, a Non-Public School for Special Education, is certified by the California Department of Education).
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Admissions Department|
- Our students benefit from: * Individualized lesson plans aligned with California state standards. * A 12-to-1 student to special education teacher ratio with a qualified teaching assistant in each classroom. * Strong emphasis on literacy and functional math skills. * Independent living skills instruction and coaching with a focus on: social competence, self-care, housing, financial literacy, cooking, self-advocacy, and play and leisure. * Speech and language and occupational therapy as determined by the individualized education plan team. * Vocational education classes in the construction trades, as well as culinary arts.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: 2-9 | 40 students
4055 Camino Del Rio S
San Diego, CA 92108
(619)243-1325 31.1 2-9
- San Diego Grades: 9-12 | 74 students
2255 Camino Del Rio S
San Diego, CA 92108
(619)243-1329 31.3 9-12
- Pasadena Grades: 1-12 | 121 students
971 N Altadena Dr
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)791-1255 81.9 1-12
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.