New Haven Nps
- New Haven provides individualized, highly structured, classroom instruction with an emphasis on positive reinforcement.
- (New Haven, a Non-Public School for Special Education, is certified by the California Department of Education).
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Admissions Department|
- Our students benefit from: * Individualized lesson plans aligned with California state standards. * A 12-to-1 student to special education teacher ratio with a qualified teaching assistant in each classroom. * Strong emphasis on literacy and functional math skills. * Independent living skills instruction and coaching with a focus on: social competence, self-care, housing, financial literacy, cooking, self-advocacy, and play and leisure. * Speech and language and occupational therapy as determined by the individualized education plan team. * Vocational education classes in the construction trades, as well as culinary arts.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: 2-9 | 40 students
4055 Camino Del Rio S
San Diego, CA 92108
(619)243-1325 31.1 2-9
- San Diego Grades: 9-12 | 74 students
2255 Camino Del Rio S
San Diego, CA 92108
(619)243-1329 31.3 9-12
- Pasadena Grades: 1-12 | 121 students
971 N Altadena Dr
Pasadena, CA 91107
(626)791-1255 81.9 1-12
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.