New Heights Preparatory School
- New Heights offers an intellectually demanding and creative curriculum within a supportive, personal environment that has at its base in the notion of safety, equity, and inclusion for all.
- New Heights strives to help each student develop a personal commitment to learning, a respect for independent thinking, a sense of social commitment, an appreciation of the valuable traditions of the past, and a concern for the future.
- New Heights students are provided a spectrum of program opportunities including visual arts, literature, languages, music, math, drama, history, science, dance, athletics, computer science, community service, and environmental/experiential education.
New Heights Preparatory School places among the top 20% of private schools in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||83 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||1 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Hilda Jimenez|
|Admissions Associate||Tiffany Staines|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Equestrian, Golf, TennisCross Country, Equestrian,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Aviation Program, Bass, Creative Writing, Drums, Film Production, Junior National Honors Society, Music, National Honors Society, Piano, Songwriting, Student Leadership|
- We offer numerous enrichment activities that complement our regular programs and provide high school and college credits as well. Our technical and creative arts program is dedicated to developing creative problem solving skills through art, science, computer science, computer graphic design, & technology. These activities enhance our students' abilities to enter top academic and professional universities. Other programs offered include robotics, aviation, visual arts, performing arts (theater and classical/contemporary music), film, and character animation. Many of these classes are supported by parents and professionals who actively participate as teachers and tutors.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Van Nuys Grades: 7-12 | 12 students
14530 Sylvan St
Van Nuys, CA 91411
(818)909-5265 5.8 7-12
- Northridge Grades: 6-12 | 10 students
7938 Andasol Ave
Northridge, CA 91325
(818)812-6322 1.7 6-12
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.