- New Horizons School (NHS) is a private, non-religious, elementary school, which I started in June 1988 with six students.
- We now have over 200 junior kindergarten through eighth grade students during the regular school year and a staff of 25.
- NHS is the only school in the tri-city area of Fremont, Union City and Newark that provides the combination of an excellent academic program, extended daycare for working parents, and teaching of emotional balance.
- We use a unique educational system called Workshop Way®, which recognizes learning differences among everyone and uses multiple teaching styles in teaching children.
- Reading and math lessons are individualized. Phonics, critical thinking and emotional balance are incorporated into the curriculum.
- We assisted in the writing of a book on the subject of emotional intelligence and balance, called "Teaching Children to Love", written and published by the Institute of HeartMath.
- The book, featuring our students, has been on the national talk show circuit and has attracted the attention of local and national media.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||185 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FremontGrades: K-8 | 230 students
40374 Fremont Blvd
Fremont, CA 94538
Union CityGrades: KG-8 | 153 students
678 B St
Union City, CA 94587
FremontGrades: NS-PK | 27 students
37531 Fremont Blvd
Fremont, CA 94536
HaywardGrades: PK | 10 students
225 W Winton Ave Ste 116
Hayward, CA 94544
FremontGrades: PK-8 | 473 students
38451 Fremont Blvd
Fremont, CA 94536
My child has attended New Horizons for two years. I am impressed by the level of learning by the students and the level of guidance and personalized attention by the teachers.
- Posted by Parent - mddtr
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.