New Life Academy
- Adolescents at New Life Lodge, not only get their counseling needs met by our caring staff, they also get their academic needs met with our site-based school the New Life Academy.
- The education of adolescents in chemical dependency treatment is a major component of their recovery process.
- The New Life Academy is designed for students in grades 7-12, and abides by the guidelines set up by the Tennessee Department of Education and the Department of Children's Services Guidelines for Schools.
- The New Life Lodge teacher receives school transcripts from the adolescent upon entering the treatment program.
- After reviewing the transcripts and meeting with the adolescent, the teachers make it clear what needs to be done to "catch up or graduate." For those students who are 18 years of age and have only a few high school credits the teacher assists them in receiving their GED.
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to New Life Academy is United Christian Academy (2.9 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dickson Grades: NS-12 | 90 students
784 Highway 46 S
Dickson, TN 37055
(615)446-0322 2.9 NS-12
- Dickson Grades: 3-8 | 3 students
746 Highway 46 S
Dickson, TN 37055
(615)446-4131 5.2 3-8
- Mc Ewen Grades: PK-8 | 107 students
175 Saint Patrick St
Mc Ewen, TN 37101
(931)582-3493 18.6 PK-8
- Nashville Grades: PK-5 | 82 students
525 Sneed Rd
Nashville, TN 37221 19.6 PK-5
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.