New Vista School
- New Vista School is a grade 6-12+ progressive educational center that provides a safe, structured educational environment serving the needs of students with high-functioning Autism, and language learning disabilities who may benefit from social and transitional skills development.
- We maximize personal achievement and foster independence through academics, social skills, self-advocacy, and community involvement.
- Designed for students in grades six through 12-plus, our school promotes academic achievement and fosters independence through academics, social skills, self-advocacy, and community involvement.
- Our two academic programs flow from middle through high school and while integrating the social skills so necessary for effective living.
- Our transition program provides guidance for high school students and above, assisting with career searches, job training, college exploration, and work experience under the guidance of a transition specialist.
- Students are shown new avenues to challenge their minds and prepare them for their adult lives while being supported and guided by professionals, parents, and educators who seek only the best for each student.
- We welcome you to take a closer look at New Vista School.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, Asperger, Learning Differences, AD/HD, and others|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||5 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,100|
|Tuition Notes||Financial scholarships available.|
|Admissions Director||Melissa Kenig-Davis|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Bartram|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Cooking Club, Drama Club, Homework Club, Media Arts, Robotics, Spirit League, Venturing Crew Art Club, Cooking Club, Drama Club, Homework Club, Media Arts, Robotics, Spirit League, Venturing Crew,|
- WASC Accredited Social Skills Training Curriculum High School Diploma Accommodations and Modifications as Appropriate High-Functioning Autism special Learning Needs Transition Program as Students Prepare for Post-Seconday Education and Success in the Workplace Caring and Supportive Staff Zero Tolerance Drug and Alcohol Policy Safe Environment Student Self-Advocacy Program Organization and Study Skills Re-enforcement Now Accepting Applications At All Grade Levels
- School Location Miles Grades Students
IrvineGrades: PK-12 | 87 students
Irvine, CA 92604
IrvineGrades: 9-12 | 787 students
12500 Sand Canyon Ave.
Irvine, CA 92618
Lake ForestGrades: NS-6 | 480 students
26052 Trabuco Road
Lake Forest, CA 92630
Laguna HillsGrades: 9-12 | 67 students
22952 Alcalde Dr
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Mission ViejoGrades: KG-12 | 56 students
23632 Via Calzada
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?