New Vista School
- New Vista School is a grade 6-12+ progressive educational center that provides a safe, structured educational environment serving the needs of students with high-functioning Autism, and language learning disabilities who may benefit from social and transitional skills development.
- We maximize personal achievement and foster independence through academics, social skills, self-advocacy, and community involvement.
- Designed for students in grades six through 12-plus, our school promotes academic achievement and fosters independence through academics, social skills, self-advocacy, and community involvement.
- Our two academic programs flow from middle through high school and while integrating the social skills so necessary for effective living.
- Our transition program provides guidance for high school students and above, assisting with career searches, job training, college exploration, and work experience under the guidance of a transition specialist.
- Students are shown new avenues to challenge their minds and prepare them for their adult lives while being supported and guided by professionals, parents, and educators who seek only the best for each student.
- We welcome you to take a closer look at New Vista School.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, Asperger, Learning Differences, AD/HD, and others|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||5 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$26,100|
|Tuition Notes||Financial scholarships available.|
|Admissions Director||Melissa Kenig-Davis|
|Admissions Associate||Lisa Bartram|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Cooking Club, Drama Club, Homework Club, Media Arts, Robotics, Venturing Crew
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- WASC Accredited Social Skills Training Curriculum High School Diploma Accommodations and Modifications as Appropriate High-Functioning Autism special Learning Needs Transition Program as Students Prepare for Post-Seconday Education and Success in the Workplace Caring and Supportive Staff Zero Tolerance Drug and Alcohol Policy Safe Environment Student Self-Advocacy Program Organization and Study Skills Re-enforcement Now Accepting Applications At All Grade Levels
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- IrvineGrades: PK-12 | 87 students
Irvine, CA 92604
- IrvineGrades: 9-12 | 787 students
12500 Sand Canyon Ave.
Irvine, CA 92618
- Lake ForestGrades: NS-6 | 480 students
26052 Trabuco Road
Lake Forest, CA 92630
- Mission ViejoGrades: KG-12 | 56 students
23632 Via Calzada
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
- Huntington BeachGrades: PK-8 | 569 students
19692 Lexington Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.