- Newfound is a school with a challenging academic focus with a social skills component as an integral part of the curriculum.
- We serve students in grades (PreK-12) with behavior and learning challenges.
- Our specialties include: High Functioning Autism, Asperger's, PDD, Emotional and Behavioral Challenges, ADD/ADHD, and LD. Students with other needs will be considered.
- Newfound's curriculum is comprehensive. We have a small student to staff ratio to insure individual attention.
- A learning plan based on individual strengths and weaknesses is developed for each child.
- Newfound's Executive Directors, Dr. Marsha Guernsey, and Dr. Bill Robb have Doctorates in Education, and many years of experience with regular and special education.
- Executive Directors are "hands on" and actively involved with all aspects of the school.
- Newfound School is designed to provide meaningful instruction and learning in a caring, nurturing atmosphere.
- Students are provided lifelong learning strategies for academics, behavior, and social skills.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-10|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 35%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(khaki pants, polo shirt, tennis shoes.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
4240 Sigma Road Dallas
Dallas, TX 75244
DallasGrades: PK-12 | 1100 students
4101 Sigma Road
Dallas, TX 75244
IrvingGrades: 5-12 | 352 students
3660 Cistercian Road
Irving, TX 75039
GarlandGrades: PK-6 | 127 students
5500 Lavon Drive
Garland, TX 75040
DallasGrades: PK-6 | 153 students
9120 Plano Rd
Dallas, TX 75238