Northern Light School
- Northern Light School is committed to providing a high quality education for children from all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, especially those who would not have the opportunity for a private school education.
- The faculty and staff create an atmosphere in which every child can grow academically, emotionally, physically, and spiritually, to become healthy, productive members of their families and communities.
- The focus is on excellence in teaching basic academics as well as non-violence, acceptance of differences, respect for the environment, and the moral advancement of humanity, so that the children develop an understanding that they have a responsibility to make a difference in the lives of others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- OaklandGrades: NS-6 | 180 students
466 Chetwood St
Oakland, CA 94610
- San LeandroGrades: K-8 | 287 students
1851 136th Ave
San Leandro, CA 94578
- OaklandGrades: K-12 | 117 students
2430 Coolidge Ave
Oakland, CA 94601
- OaklandGrades: PK-8 | 197 students
2101 Livingston St
Oakland, CA 94606
- San LeandroGrades: PK-8 | 134 students
2305-A Washington Ave
San Leandro, CA 94577
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.