Northern Light School
- Northern Light School is committed to providing a high quality education for children from all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, especially those who would not have the opportunity for a private school education.
- The faculty and staff create an atmosphere in which every child can grow academically, emotionally, physically, and spiritually, to become healthy, productive members of their families and communities.
- The focus is on excellence in teaching basic academics as well as non-violence, acceptance of differences, respect for the environment, and the moral advancement of humanity, so that the children develop an understanding that they have a responsibility to make a difference in the lives of others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||132 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Grades: NS-12 | 115 students
2430 Coolidge Ave
Oakland, CA 94601
(510)533-3121 4.5 NS-12
- Oakland Grades: NS-9
3650 Dimond Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
(510)531-8566 5 NS-9
- San Leandro Grades: K-8 | 267 students
1851 136th Ave
San Leandro, CA 94578
(510)357-8772 2.6 K-8
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.