Northern Light School
- Northern Light School is committed to providing a high quality education for children from all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, especially those who would not have the opportunity for a private school education.
- The faculty and staff create an atmosphere in which every child can grow academically, emotionally, physically, and spiritually, to become healthy, productive members of their families and communities.
- The focus is on excellence in teaching basic academics as well as non-violence, acceptance of differences, respect for the environment, and the moral advancement of humanity, so that the children develop an understanding that they have a responsibility to make a difference in the lives of others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||132 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Grades: NS-12 | 115 students
2430 Coolidge Ave
Oakland, CA 94601
(510)533-3121 4.5 NS-12
- Oakland Grades: NS-9
3650 Dimond Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
(510)531-8566 5 NS-9
- San Leandro Grades: K-8 | 267 students
1851 136th Ave
San Leandro, CA 94578
(510)357-8772 2.6 K-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.