Northern Light School
Tel: (510) 957-0570
- Northern Light School is committed to providing a high quality education for children from all socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, especially those who would not have the opportunity for a private school education.
- The faculty and staff create an atmosphere in which every child can grow academically, emotionally, physically, and spiritually, to become healthy, productive members of their families and communities.
- The focus is on excellence in teaching basic academics as well as non-violence, acceptance of differences, respect for the environment, and the moral advancement of humanity, so that the children develop an understanding that they have a responsibility to make a difference in the lives of others.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||1 teacher|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||40:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jill Diaz-Figueroa|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Grades: K-12 | 137 students
2430 Coolidge Ave
Oakland, CA 94601
(510) 533-3121 4.5 K-12
- Oakland Grades: NS-9
3650 Dimond Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
(510) 531-8566 5 NS-9
- San Leandro Grades: K-8 | 267 students
1851 136th Ave
San Leandro, CA 94578
(510) 357-8772 2.6 K-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.