Oakstone Academy Palm Beach
Oakstone Academy is dedicated to providing an excellent education for all children, inspiring and empowering them to reach their own unique potential.
This is a school like no other in the nation.
It was founded on the concept of providing a challenging academic experience partnered with high standards for social behavior while including children on the autism spectrum.
The result is a highly-rated private school that offers a competitive college preparatory curriculum.
In this unique environment, we have found that all students thrive: students without disabilities benefit by developing leadership and service skills that not only build self-esteem but act as a basis for future success.
Those with disabilities are immersed in daily activities with peers and are supported to maximize their membership and overall success.
Our faculty and parents work together to help each child towards fulfillment as a total person: one who has a sense of understanding and compassion for others as well as courage to act on their beliefs.
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 64 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Finding the right school for your child can be a challenge. While curriculum, academic rigor and extracurricular activities typically top the list of factors to consider, there is another key component vital to determining the best fit for your child: a positive social environment. Oakstone’s environment and culture are based on high expectations in academics and behavior for the entire school community. We say community because that’s exactly what Oakstone is: a collaborative effort between teachers, students, and parents dedicated to excellence. Oakstone is also known as a full-inclusion school where children without disabilities learn side-by-side with children who have autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Since class sizes are small, highly qualified teachers are able to meet the needs of all students while providing a dynamic learning environment. The small number of students in each class also allows teachers to personalize programs for students who are working beyond grade level. While it is widely accepted that children with disabilities benefit from learning and socializing with those who do not – research also shows that students without disabilities have much to gain including improved self-esteem, helping behavior and acceptance for those with differences.
Source: Verified school update
Oak stone Academy is far superior to any other school. There is simply no other school of its kind. As opposed to other schools that make empty promises, the school's founder published a peer review study of her model. It proved that her model increases the IQ points of the autistic children by an average of 13 points. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. If you want a babysitting service, look elsewhere. If you want to see real changes in your child and have them receive a top-notch private school education, this is the place.
I have been a teacher at OAPB for 5 going on 6 years now. Due to our low student-teacher ratios, we are able to meet the needs of a wide range of learners, from those struggling academically to gifted learners. It is such a joy to have this scope of abilities learning side-by-side in the classroom. Each student learns to value the gifts and strengths of others, regardless of labels, while those needing additional input receive the support or the rigor that they deserve.
I feel very lucky to have my child at Oakstone. I encourage any family looking for an option with more individualized learning to consider this school.
Endorse Oakstone Academy Palm Beach. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.