- Oakwood Adventist Academy's is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Adventist Accreditation Association (AAA) of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist.
- Our mission and philosophy falls in line with the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventist's Educational mission and philosophy.
- What is Adventist Edge? VISION The vision of Adventist educators, in the Southern Union, is to graduate students who excel in faith, learning and service by delivering GREAT education that is God-centered, Results-oriented, in an Environment that is safe and nurturing, Aligned with Adventist and national standards, and a Team effort.
- PHILOSOPHY Our philosophy is to meet the needs of the whole child, Adventist EDGE teachers honor the natural cycle of learning.
- The natural cycle begins by connecting with the child's experience, moving on to provide information and practice, and finally culminating with a celebration of new learning.
- In keeping with the Seventh-day Adventists philosophy encouraging students to be "thinkers and not mere reflectors of other men's thoughts", Adventist EDGE teachers follow a constructivist philosophy.
- This encourages students to use active techniques(experiments, real-world problem solving) to expand their knowledge and enhance their understanding of the world.
- Dialogue and collaboration are crucial to the process. In Adventist EDGE classrooms, children talk about what they are doing and reflect on how their understanding is changing.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)
Other religious school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||900|
|Average ACT score||20|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(K-8 yellow oxford shirts/peter pan collar w/logo navy pants, plaid skirt/jumper, 9-12 Khaki pants white or navy polo/ white oxford shirts w/logo, plaid skirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,948|
|Tuition Notes||See website for fee schedules|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Terri Mitchell|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Science Club, Poetry Club, Chess Club, Student Government, Yearbook. Science Club, Poetry Club, Chess Club, Yearbook., Student Government,
- MISSION STATEMENT: Oakwood Adventist Academy exist to provide a spiritual, academic, social and service-oriented environment to develop, nurture, and affirm (DNA) students for a lifetime of service to God and humanity.
People that viewed Oakwood Academy/elementary also viewed these schools: Huntsville Achievement School.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.