Olney Adventist Preparatory
- Olney Adventist Preparatory School is a Kindergarten through 8th grade Christian school located in Olney, Maryland.
- Our philosophy is built on the belief that God has created each student with unique abilities and gifts, and through His grace and strength all children can achieve.
- It is our purpose to help children discover God's will for their life, to develop and improve their abilities, and to awaken the spirit of service by following Christ's example.
- It is our vision to holistically educate our children in mind, body, and spirit.
- Our rigorous academic program is Christ-centered and biblically-based. An enriched curriculum relevant to life skills, complimented by small class sizes and individualized instruction, is the teaching standard to which we hold ourselves accountable.
- Subjects are taught in a unique and intellectually challenging way that prepares and encourages our students to learn, think, speak, and act with confidence and skill.
- It is our priority to assist students in developing a personal relationship with Christ and values grounded in Scripture.
- Dignity, grace, respect, integrity, service, responsible citizenship, personal discipline and leadership are developed through instruction and modeled in the behavior of the school community.
- Students are challenged to excellence and their full personal capacity.
- Our school motto, "Above and Beyond," is used to address students, staff, and families that have exceeded our expectations in application, extension, and creativity in any task or action.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- OlneyGrades: K-12 | 258 students
16227 Batchellors Forest Road
Olney, MD 20832
- GermantownGrades: NS-5 | 171 students
15601 Germantown Rd
Germantown, MD 20874
- BoydsGrades: NS-PK | 140 students
19821 White Ground Rd./p.o. Bo
Boyds, MD 20841
- BethesdaGrades: NS-12 | 1082 students
9600 Forest Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
- IjamsvilleGrades: K-12 | 94 students
3232 Green Valley Road
Ijamsville, MD 21754
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.