Omaha Hearing School For Children
- The Omaha Hearing School for Children began in 1952 in a small apartment over a garage.
- It was started by four Omaha Ear, Nose and Throat doctors and their wives, Dr. & Mrs. Allan Davis, Dr. & Mrs. W.A. Cassidy, Dr. & Mrs. Frank Klabenes, and Dr. & Mrs. Robert Lovgren.
- These eight pioneers are responsible for developing an educational alternative in this area that would assist deaf and hard of hearing children in learning oral communication skills.
- The children at the Omaha Hearing School have hearing losses that affect their ability to communicate the way most people do.
- These hearing losses would have lifelong impact if no help were available to these young children and their families.
- But deaf and hard of hearing children can work to overcome the language and auditory difficulties caused by hearing loss or deafness.
- They can share in the mainstream if given the chance and with the proper help.
- Our mission is to serve children who are deaf or hard-of-hearing, their families and the community by providing auditory oral education.
- Auditory oral education teaches children to listen and talk, so as they grow, choices will be available to them in our talking and hearing world.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-4|
|Total Students||18 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Omaha Grades: K-8 | 113 students
1110 N 66th Street
Omaha, NE 68132
(402)390-0556 0 K-8
- Omaha Grades: K-7 | 35 students
840 N 72nd St
Omaha, NE 68114
(402)397-4642 0.5 K-7
- Omaha Grades: 9-12 | 1007 students
7400 Western Ave
Omaha, NE 68114
(402)393-1190 0.6 9-12
- Omaha Grades: PK-8 | 707 students
6905 Blondo Street
Omaha, NE 68104
(402)551-6667 0.6 PK-8
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.