Our Lady Of Grace School
- Our Lady of Grace School is a Roman Catholic Community of faithfully committed followers of Christ who are living witnesses to teaching as Jesus did, giving service here in Gravesend, Brooklyn.
- Our principal objective is to educate the students to meet the intellectual, spiritual, social, physical and cultural challenges of living in the global community as exemplary Christians.
- The importance of self discipline, responsibility and the use of good judgment encompasses our belief that intellectual development results by giving students experience in higher-order and critical thinking skills.
- We assist the students in their development, both academically and individually, in a complex society.
- Fairness, cooperation, unity and innovation help to facilitate a strong spirit amongst the students.
- This concept guides the faculty in their mission to explore and implement new ideas in a diverse society.
- The students, along with their parents, develop a sense of belonging to an extended family.
- Students are encouraged to speak with the teachers to develop a relationship built on trust and understanding.
- We acknowledge that Our Lady of Grace School cannot be successful without first understanding the importance of each individual.
- We are all God's children working together harmoniously for the benefit of our school, our broader community and ultimately for all humanity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||321 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||28 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,850|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is prorated based on number of children in family.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Joan McMaster|
|Admissions Associate||Roseann Silvery|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, DanceBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||AfterSchool Sports Program, Band, Student Council, Talent Clu|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BrooklynGrades: KG | 12 students
1990 Stillwell Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11223
- BrooklynGrades: K-12 | 383 students
8101 Ridge Boulevard
Brooklyn, NY 11209
- BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 216 students
3867 Shore Pkwy
Brooklyn, NY 11235
- BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 329 students
1518 73rd St
Brooklyn, NY 11228
- BrooklynGrades: PK-8 | 380 students
1313 83rd St
Brooklyn, NY 11228
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.